Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Hide KOC bar in Outlook?
  •  
halligang

Send a private message to this user
The KOC toolbar in Outlook (thumbs up and down for rating spam) is always visible, and on its own row.

I've tried setting it as not visible. Yet after restarting Outlook it's back.

I've tried to put it on the same row as another toolbar, but whenever I restart Outlook it's back -- on it's on row.

In the knowledgebase there information on how to enable this toolbar from beeing disabled.
But can But can someone please tell me how I can set it as disabled myself so I won't have to see it?

I figure it's just to put a key with some values into the registry but I don't know which.

Thanks!
  •  
peterj

I think the only way to disable the toolbar is to entirely disable the koc addin.

look in tools-options advanced-addins (i think) to disable this (just uncheck it in the list)

Bear in mind you will lose all KOC GUI options (like folder mapping/sharing & anti-spam whitelist & out of office etc.)

HTH

•  
winkelman

I do not know who's 'responsibility' it is (Outlooks or KOC's), but I would like the spam toolbar to remember it's position...

It's a waste of precious screenspace for the toolbar to take up one complete row and moving it everytime Outlook starts also is a drag (a little one, but hey).
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

This is an open suggestion with our development team. I will add your request to the suggestion.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
kpapizan

this is a good idea, but i'd like to have the option to hide the bar altogether, but still have the KOC functionality where the users can share their folders, calendars, and such.

the developers could do this by creating two KOC add-ins, one for the spam/not-spam bar and one for all the other functionalities that the KOC provides. then we could choose to disable only the add-in for the spam/not-spam bar and leave the other add-in enabled.

or better yet, somehow have the KOC recognize when the Spam Filter is turned on/off on the server side. if the Spam Filter is turned off, maybe automatically hide the spam/not-spam bar in the KOC. don't know if this is possible for the KOC to do though.

some of us who use kerio for a mailserver don't care to use it to combat spam because we may have something else in place to do that. adding another spamblocker just adds confusion for the users, so we have to kill the KOC bar within the options/add-ins of outlook instead, thus losing many of the functionalities that the KOC provides.

any chance of allowing us to disable only the spam/not-spam bar sometime in the near future?

thanks,
ken
  •  
sedell

Or, get rid of the toolbar entirely. Add a right-click function to mark spam/not spam, or just drag mail into/out of the Junk Email folder (this already works but the toolbar is still present).

I would still like to see the ability to disallow certain users from marking mail as spam/not spam at all. We have a couple of users, that no matter how many times we yell at them, still mark legitimate mail as spam. They end up screwing up the spam learning and good messages get flagged as spam.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Wed, 14 December 2005 17:00

mark legitimate mail as spam

Ot: Why the hell would anyone do that?
  •  
sedell

winkelman wrote on Wed, 14 December 2005 12:39

Morons. Just total morons. Some of them can't follow direction or follow instructions to save their lives.

I find that when you plant a non-techie, or someone who's not already computer saavy, in front of a computer, their IQ drops instantly. Some more than others. When you take someone who doesn't have much of an IQ to begin with and plant them in front of a computer, the resulting IQ drop dangerously affects their ability to function and make decisions.

Scott
  •  
pwhodges

winkelman wrote on Wed, 14 December 2005 17:39

sedell wrote on Wed, 14 December 2005 17:00

mark legitimate mail as spam

Because they find it easier than unsubscribing...

Paul
Previous Topic: Sending from an alternate address
Next Topic: How to setup a secondary mail server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:39:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.