Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail w/virus sent to Inbox
  •  
jstookey

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am using Kerio Mailserver 6.1.0.

When a virus is found in a message, I have some users who would prefer that kerio discard the message, and I have others who would prefer to have the message delivered with the malicious code removed. However, the appropriate Kerio Mailserver setting under Configuration->Content Filter->Antivirus only allows a server-wide setting change. In the per-user webmail settings I had hoped to be able to create a rule that would allow me to do what I want with the message - either:

"Where the message was detected as having a virused attachment "

or at the least

"Where the message body contains the phrase 'The attachment was removed by Kerio MailServer'"

Has anyone found a workaround for this? If not, this would be a much appreciated feature.

Thanks much,
Jake

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2005 15:46]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Send a private message to this user
This seems like a reasonable request and I have added this to our suggestion database.

A workaround would be to have messages always delivered to the users with the virus removed, then for users who don't wish to see the message, setup a filtering rule to automatically delete the message. You should be able to filter on the subject with the "virus" keyword.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: IMAP delete and general suggestions
Next Topic: make the webmail skin substance the default
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:49:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.