Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Making mailto: links sending via Webmail
  •  
jandoemen

Send a private message to this user
I fiund a way to make it possible to use webmail to compose/send mail initiated by a mailto: link.

To make this work I need to know which fields I have to use to fill the From: Cc: Bcc: Subject: and Boby fields. In the example below you see a url that would open a new mail window with the From address filled in.

http://kerioserver.com/default/mailCompose.php?allowHtml=tru e&ToField=user<_at_>domain.com

So can someone tell me what fieldnames to use to accompish this?

Thanks
Jan
  •  
sedell

That's not going to work. When users get a message or visit a webpage with a mailto: link, it's still going to start up the default mail application on that particular system.

If you use the format you have there on a page, an http: link, it's only going to work for users of your installation of KMS. That's also assuming they are already logged in. If they're not, it will most likely bring them to a login screen.

Scott
  •  
ttangye

On Windows XP, this will set the mailto links to work with Kerio WebMail. It does require a script file on the client machine:

Create a .reg file that looks like this:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail]
<_at_>="Kerio"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail\Kerio]
<_at_>="Kerio 6"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\mai lto]
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\mai lto\shell]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\mai lto\shell\open]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\mai lto\shell\open\command]
<_at_>="c:\\keriomailto\\mailto.cmd %1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Kerio]
<_at_>="Kerio 6"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\ma ilto]
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\ma ilto\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\ma ilto\shell\open]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Kerio\Protocols\ma ilto\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail]
<_at_>="Kerio"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\comma nd]

Run this to modify the registry on the client machine.

Then, create a folder c:\keriomailto on the client machine and place a file in it called mailto.cmd which contains this:
<_at_>echo off
for /F "tokens=2 delims=:" %%f in ("%1") do explorer.exe " https://your.mailserver.com/default/mailCompose.php?mailTo=% %f&"

•  
sedell

You'd have to get it to handle multiple parameters. The common parameters you might run into are CC, BCC, subject, and body. And those are just the common ones. Add to that the fact that they can be in any order, and you complicate the issue greatly. Also, Kerio webmail doesn't support those parameters as they would be named in a mailto link, if it suppots them at all.

Then, you still have the problem of what do do when someone isn't logged in. If they aren't logged in, you get a message "Your session has expired. You must login again." and a button to close the window.

Scott
  •  
jandoemen

Thank you guys,

I guess I have enough to start with. I'll see how far I get and post the results here.

Greetz
Jan
Previous Topic: Spam hits in subject
Next Topic: Statistics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:17:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.