Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » 2 different Internet connections
  •  
nazimus@gmail.com

Send a private message to this user
Actually I did that before.
But.
As soon as dialup connecton is established (ADSL is constantly on) all traffic stops.
It seems to me that windows can not route the traffic. Not Kerio.
What do u think
  •  
feite

Could be a problem with the dailup. It is not always connected like the ADSL.
  •  
nazimus@gmail.com

As far as I see this may happen due to how Xp manages routing table.
Any suggestions about how to setup metrics for 2 different connections?
  •  
scadet7

Two Questions for you, were you able to get the problem fixed?
Why do you want to still route traffic via dialup when you have a functional dsl?
If you were to add the cost of the monthly fee for the dialup service, plus the rate per minute while you are online (if this is a business account) then the cost to put such a system in place would not be to your advantage from a cost stand point not the mention the slowness
  •  
an2ny79

For the benefit of other who would ask the same thing...

This is not possible. Windows can only use 1 gateway.

I thought of this before I bought Kerio, because I thought this is a great way to handle internet connections. Well, I was wrong. It is not possible to route or have 2 active internet connections and use it at the same time. 1 connection could only be used as failover.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 December 2006 03:26]

•  
ChinDangShun

I am also facing this situation when I have 2 different Internet connections to share with our LAN.

It is caused by Bill Gates when his Windows accept only Default Gateway! I also found that the failover obviously is supported by the Windows if any connection is down!

Through testing, I realize that all the connections is managed by routing table. Whatever the destination is, all the OS will watch the OS's Routing Table to follow. The dynamic and static route from KWF will have no help in this case !!!

My solution is that I test, ask and query from the community that what destination is GOOD for a specific connection/ISP so I add the static route to the routing table of KWF.

For example, in Vietnam, I use VNN and FPT (they are two largest ISPs). The VNN is good for the IPs owned by them (203.162.0.0/16)and Internet overall, the FPT is good for only IPs owned by them. So I manage my routing table at KWF as follows:

System: 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.4
System: 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
System: 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.4
System: 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
Static-VNN: 203.162.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.4
Static-FPT: 210.245.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
...(and more from experiences)

I think that it is good now for LAN to automatic choose the best connection than the other!

I have also a suggestion that if KWF to improve the failover function by testing the speed of every route when having a query from LAN to Internet, it is better!

Good luck

[Updated on: Thu, 21 December 2006 04:18]

Previous Topic: VPN Client error 22
Next Topic: who can help me~~~
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:43:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.