Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rights to public folders
  •  
RPC_Admin

Send a private message to this user
Hey, I know you can set whether or not someone can admin a public folder, but can you make it so someone can't see the public folder or specific parts of the public folder? The only thing I could think of is to have two domains. But can you have a domain named domain.com and a domain with the alias domain.com? Is there any way to do this.

i.e. President of the company wants to have financial records in public folder for him and other staff to see, but doesn't want intern to see.

I know you could directly share a folder to specific people but that can get cumbersome. Thanks, Rob
  •  
sedell

Once you create a puplic folder, right-click on it - in Outlook: go to properties, and choose the tab 'Sharing and Security' - in Webmail, click 'Access Rights'. Remove the All users (authuser in Outlook) account, and then only users you add rights for will see the folder.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

You could make a group with as members all staff except the interns. Then share a folder (or the public folder) to this group.

This way it is easier when new staff gets hired. During the making of the account, all you have to do is make him/her member of this group. That's easier than manually managing folder rights all the time.
  •  
RPC_Admin

Thanks, Don't know why I didn't even think to check these options
Previous Topic: traffic chart
Next Topic: Webmail birthdays
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:23:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00366 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.