Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public contacts order.
  •  
gaug2

Send a private message to this user
Why my public contacts folder are not sort by alphabetic order in webmail?

It's completly mess or I dont understand how it sort, because if I click to have names beginning by "F" it's found only one name beginning by "F" with a lot more names they should not, but I know it should found more "F" names than that.

If my explanation is not clear let me know, my english is not very good.

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

Which KMS version do you use? I have seen this strange sorting here in version 6.1.0, but in 6.1.1 it is sorted correct again.
  •  
gaug2

I use version 6.1.1.

I was thinking that was maybe a general bug of the version 6.1.1, but it seems that I'am the only one with that problem.

I think I have no choice to open a ticket.

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

The Public Folders are sorted by the 'File as' field. Did you specify the 'File as' field 'correctly' (the way you like)?
  •  
gaug2

Where is the 'File as' field is exclatly, is it in the webmail configuration?

The bizzare thing, is that my personnal contacts in webmail are sorted correctly. The problem is just with the publics contacts...

Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2005 14:46]

•  
winkelman

The 'File as' field is a field in the contacts itself.
  •  
gaug2

Ok it seems that when I create a new user it put it in the public contacts with the field "file as" with the format "first name, Last name" and it's not sorting names very well to my opinion.

If I put all public contacts with the field "last name, First name" the sorting is fine.

Is it possible to have the field set by default to "last name, first name" when we create a new account?

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

This is exactly the bug I was experiencing before myself. The Contacts would sort on last name, regardless of what I put in the 'File as' field (to which it should sort).

This was solved for me in 6.1.1.

You are now on 6.1.1(p1)? From which version on did you see this erroneous sorting?
  •  
rieflin

We are using 6.22 as I write this post. I was befudled as to how to get the public contacts list to sort in a reasonable alphabetical manner. Could not find the right tip in the knowledgebase but eventually found it here in the user forum. Many thanks. Now a few comments which I think the development team should consider.

First, I realize that this post seems to be dead but It seems to me that given that this is a public contacts folder an individual should not be given the control over how to display their name.

Second, if they are given this control, it would be nice to be able to set the default to the more reasonable "lastname, firstname" rather than the current default of "firstname lastname"

As I write this post my secretary is changing the "file as" for 600 accounts. She will be bored and tired when it is complete.

Jim Rieflin
  •  
winkelman

rieflin wrote on Mon, 02 October 2006 15:16

First ... It seems to me that given that this is a public contacts folder an individual should not be given the control over how to display their name.

So don't give the individual that control (I think, by default, a user does not have that right). See the 'public fodler rights' on the 'rights' tab of the users settings.
Previous Topic: 90% quota warning also 99%?
Next Topic: Auto Reply with Attachment
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:26:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00642 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.