Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Attachment download on Firefox 1.5, MAC OS X, 10.4.3
  •  
rjben

Send a private message to this user
Yesterday, I installed the latest version of Firefox (1.5) on my G4 iBook (MAC)... Proceeded to download attachments in email.... Holding down option key, clicked attachment... This is the desktop download I received: mailAttach.php. Tried holding down ctrl and choosing "save link as" from the dropdown... This is the download: mailAttach.php....

YIKES.... Who's problem is this? Firefox? Kerio? MY preferences settings perhaps?

Any help will be greatly appreciated since Firefox is my browser of choice!!! Otherwise I must bite the bullet and use IE or Safari... shudder....

Running 6.1.1 patch 1 webmail with Firefox 1.5, MAC OS X, 10.4.3 here....

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 19:41]

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
  •  
sonofcolin

Just click on the attachment link.
  •  
rjben

sonofcolin...
Thank you for responding.... *S*

When I click on the attachment it pops up a new browser window so I can view it. It does not download to my desktop... I tried saving the file from my browser window but the file is screwed when I do that....

I've never liked the fact you can't download all the files with just one click in Kerio webmail but this is even more frustrating.... I receive multiple html files from people daily so I'm looking for an easy way to do this...

Any other thoughts?

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

I have the same setup as you but do not have the same problem. I have tested this on two Macs with FF 1.5
  •  
rjben

jeffleeismyhero...

I will see if my preference settings are making the difference on attachment downloads...

Thank you for the response... *S*

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 19:59]

•  
sonofcolin

Firefox 1.5
Prefs:downloads: save all files to this folder --> click browse and then select your desktop, even if desktop is already selected.

Works for me with the same setup.
  •  
rjben

sonofcolin...

Followed your directions and redid the pref for downloads .... still getting that nasty mailAttach.php file download instead of the real file....

Alas....

Thank you for trying.... *S*

•  
sonofcolin

What you are describing is what happens when you right click or control click the attachment. Stupid question but are you sure you are just clicking the attachment and not control clicking?
  •  
rjben

sonofcolin...

[My mouse does not have a right click...you probably know this!]

I have tried the following ways ....

1. Holding down option key, clicked attachment... This is the desktop download I received: mailAttach.php.

2. Tried holding down ctrl and choosing "save link as" from the dropdown... This is the download: mailAttach.php....

3. Clicked on the attachment.... All that happened when I tried this suggestion is the attachment opened for viewing in another Firefox window....

I've always used firefox for my webmail.... Never had this problem until I installed the new version of Firefox yesterday...

I've set my preferences to wipe out everything when I close Firefox.... Do you suppose that could affect how Kerio works on Firefox?

Thank you for your time... *S*

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 20:40]

•  
sonofcolin

rjben wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 14:35

sonofcolin...

3. Clicked on the attachment.... All that happened when I tried this suggestion is the attachment opened for viewing in another Firefox window....

That's what should happen! You have a dialog that says 'You have chosen to open ..blah blah' wht would you like Firefox to do?
Choices: Open with xx Save to disk. At the bottom is a check box that says 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on'

Sounds like you checked this.
  •  
rjben

sonofcolin...
Have received no dialog choices when I clicked on the attachment... BUT will see what I can do to get rid of the preferences that control this....
Thanks.... *S*

•  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

sonofcolin wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 20:43

You have a dialog that says 'You have chosen to open ..blah blah' wht would you like Firefox to do?
Choices: Open with xx Save to disk.

Actually this happens only for some files - the ones which your browser can't display directly. Images, HTML, text or PDF will get displayed in browser window right away.

But regardless of the way you save it, Firefox 1.5 will offer "mailAttach.php" as the file name. We confirmed that this is new behavior of Firefox, it worked correctly in 1.0. We are investigating the problem and trying to find a workaround in WebMail.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

The bug in Firefox is described on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=299372 - it doesn't seem to be fixed soon :-(

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
rjben

pdousa...
Thank you for the info.... Most of the files I download are html... Alas.....
I suppose I should bug Firefox.... *G*....

Previous Topic: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender - why??
Next Topic: Increase spam hits limit to 99
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:42:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.