Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » calendar weirdness
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
I've encountered some calendar weirdness in 6.1.1p1 and was wondering if anyone was having these issues:

Weirdness #1:

In Webmail:
1) Create an all day meeting on any day.
2) Right click on this event and choose Edit.
3) Click on the calendar icon next to the start time date.
4) You'll notice right off that the box around the day is on the previous day (oddity #1). Change the day of the meeting and save and close.
5) You'll notice that the meeting goes to the day after the day you chose (oddity #2).

Can anyone reproduce this?

Weirdness #2:

I can't reproduce this one on my machine, but a user showed me this in person and I verified it. He uses KOC most of the time, but uses webmail from home.

His calendar in Outlook is just fine. He created all his appts in Outlook. If he logs into webmail, all appts are 3 hours early. If he creates an appt in webmail under the DAY view, it saves it 3 hours earlier than what he chose. If he creates an appt in webmail under the WEEK or MONTH view, it saves it just fine.

Very Weird and I can't reproduce this on my machine, but I verified it on his machine.

I can reproduce Weirdness #1 consistantly. So, I will submit a ticket unless someone from Kerio chimes in and says that a ticket is already open for this. I'm still trying to figure out Weirdness #2.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
gaug2

I confirm weirdness #1.

Is weirdness #2 can be a time zone problem?
  •  
bperkins

I thought #2 might be a timezone issue also, and I must admit I didn't check his webmail settings to see what the timezone was set to. However, that wouldn't explain why it wouldn't work in the DAY view, but would work in the other two views.

Like I said, I can't reproduce it on my machine, so I'll have to check out some more scenarios on his machine.

Thanks for checking #1 for me. I'll submit a ticket.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

#1 does not happen for me on our active development server, so I'm guessing (read: I hope so, but don't quote me on it) that it is fixed in the next version.

I can't reproduce #2.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
bperkins

Thanks Josh. Would you recommend that I still submit a ticket?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Yes, please. If it turns out we can reproduce it, it will need attention.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
bperkins

Ticket submitted! I'll still work on #2.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
bperkins

Little more info on #2:

The calendar is fine in KOC in all views. The calendar is 6 hours early in DAY view in firefox 1.5. The calendar is fine in MONTH,WEEK view in firefox 1.5.

The calenda is fine in IE.

So the problem only exists in DAY view on firefox. I thought at first the calendar might need reindexing. But this doesn't explain why everything else is fine. Could it be something weird in the __keriomapi_STORE folder?

This also happens on more than one computer. So, it has to be something on the server itself, because it doesn't reproduce this on my account in firefox.

VERY WEIRD!
  •  
winkelman

There are more issues with Calendar, most of all with handling different Daylight Saving Time periods (as far as I have problems).

I just found out another and submitted this ticket:

Quote:

KMS 6.1.1 patch 1.

When you are in KMS Calendar (day, week or month view, it doesn't matter) and want to go to a specific date, you click the little calendar button next to the '<< today >>' links. This opens a small calendar in which you can browse to a specific date and go to date date by clicking on it. Ok.

When you go to a date in ANOTHER Daylight Savins period (for example going back to Sept. 2005 or forward to June 2006) it will go to ONE DAY EARLIER than you clicked on.

So, if you don't pay very much attention, you will make appointments on the wrong day!

I hope this is fixed in the coming 6.1.2, since there are more Daylight Savings problems that you are fixing at the moment.
  •  
gabeh

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I currently have a user experiencing issue #1 in Kerio 6.3.1 using a combination of Webmail, Outlook 2002, and Windows Mobile 5. This thread was the only information on the error I was able to find.

Was a solution ever found?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I assume your problem is related to recent DST change in the US.
Please read the topic: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=10743&sta rt=0&S=c6ff1cda40ff11ba5fd440f8012f0ea7

In brief: install updates for email and calendaring clients and operating systems (server and clients). Also make sure that all events contains correct time zone. This usually means that is it necessary to open and re-save the event after installing DST update to the client.
  •  
gabeh

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 12 March 2007 09:08

I assume your problem is related to recent DST change in the US.
Please read the topic: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=10743&sta rt=0&S=c6ff1cda40ff11ba5fd440f8012f0ea7

In brief: install updates for email and calendaring clients and operating systems (server and clients). Also make sure that all events contains correct time zone. This usually means that is it necessary to open and re-save the event after installing DST update to the client.

No, it does not. All servers and clients have been patched, and show the correct time. The issue is ONLY with all day events that were created in webmail... And they are not one hour off, they are one day off. The issue seems to be exactly what bperkins describes in the original post as "Weirdness #1".

Edit: I also just confirmed with the user that he was experiencing the issue BEFORE DST.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2007 17:18]

•  
jstrickland

I can confirm that I have one user experiencing a similar issue. He can create an all day event and it will shift to the day before. Any other events that are set with a specific start and end time are saving correctly. This user is using Outlook 2003 with KOC 6.3.0.
  •  
gabeh

An update to this, I can confirm that it has happened once again with an all day event created in Outlook 2K2. It would appear that it is not just isolated to webmail. Unfortunately, it seems very random in nature.

If there is any other information I can supply, I am more than eager to help.
Previous Topic: Free/Busy configuration in Outlook
Next Topic: Mailheader showing local IP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:36:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00971 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.