Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » We cannot receive BCC Mails
  •  
cesarius

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am testing the Kerio Mailserver in a test Domain( domain.com). I configured the Pop3 Download to retreive all Corporate Emails from an ISP catch all account to deliver it to its receipient. The sorting rule is configured to "received" and there are Sorting rules for three Email Adresses( alpha<_at_>domain.com , beta<_at_>domain.com and gamma<_at_>domain.com).
My problem now: I send an email to the ISP catch all account to alpha<_at_>domain.com, in the bcc is beta<_at_>domain.com. The mail is only delivered to alpha<_at_>domain.com and not to the bcc adress? How can i configure KMS to deliver not only to the first email adress, but also to second one? Havent found it in the manual.

A second question:
Is it possible for an Administrator to see the current content of a Mailbox from a user in a domain?
In other Words to browse the different Mailboxes of the domain.

Final Question:
I activated the archive option and put the archive period to a week. For older ones the mail server creates a zip file. How can I browse the content through my email client? Must I decompress the complete folder in the archive folder?

Thanks in Advance.
Michael
  •  
winkelman

1st:
Is this domain.com your own Kerio Mailserver and did you specify to 'drop duplicate messages' in the POP3 download settings? Then it will only deliver the message to one person and 'drop the duplicate messages' to the other recipients...

For outgoing mail to other domains: you do not need to specify anything for BCC messages to be sent, so mayby the problem is on the receivers side?

2nd:
You can specify a 'Master password' and with that you can login to any account, should you want to check them.

3rd:
I don't know.
  •  
peterj

I didn't think that was the function/purpose of the 'Master Password'

I thought it was just for external applications like the migration tool...

Can this really be done????
  •  
sedell

I don't think you can do anything abut not receiving BCC messages. Because it's a BCC, the information on who was BCCed is not stored anywhere... especially in a catch-all account. As such, there's no information available for the POP3 download to figure out who it was BCCed to, or who it should be delivered to.

The only way to get BCCed mail would be to have the messages sent to a named mailbox at your ISPs server. Then set up a POP3 download rule to download from that account, to a specific account on Kerio.

Scott
  •  
sedell

peterj wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 04:04

I didn't think that was the function/purpose of the 'Master Password'

I thought it was just for external applications like the migration tool...

Can this really be done????

I'd agree with you on this one. I don't think it can be done this way either. I tried, hoping it would work, but I've never been able to log in as another user using the master password, so I gave up on it.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

Hm, I always assumed the master password was a kind of 'access to all' password.

As stated in the manual:
Quote:

Master Password
Define a password that will be used for access to all accounts. As few persons as possible should know this password otherwise unauthorized users might misuse it and access any private accounts within the server!

But I never tried/needed it. I'm sure you're right about it not working the way I imagined.
  •  
-nob-

1. The Master Password cannot be used to access user accounts from email clients or
via Kerio WebMail. It is not a versatile administrator password (it is not possible to
use it for authentication to Administration Console).

The Manual told only for what this Passwort can?t be used, not for what to use. :(
Previous Topic: 'RAW' messages
Next Topic: BCC working on Mailserver?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 00:59:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.