Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Buy Kerio MailServer (some questions)
  •  
t3rm

Send a private message to this user
hello! I am form latvija, and i want to buy KerioMail serv and licenses for 80-120 users. I know dealer of the our country, but i have specific questions, and i want us it here.!

I want to know, is it possible to buy unlimited licenses for MailServer? Is it possible to buy unlimited licenses for WinRout FireWall? What discounts i can get if i will buy one MailServer and two winroute firewalls? And if both firewalls will be in one LAN, can we get discount on the both firewalls..

And question about mail server .. how we know, for one user can stand more than one adressees. If i will by licenses i have to pay for Aliases too or only for users adress?

Big Thenks!
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

t3rm wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 10:37

hello! I am form latvija, and i want to buy KerioMail serv and licenses for 80-120 users. I know dealer of the our country, but i have specific questions, and i want us it here.!

What discounts i can get if i will buy one MailServer and two winroute firewalls? And if both firewalls will be in one LAN, can we get discount on the both firewalls..

Dealer in your country should be able to answer all your questions. If not, contact our sales or technical support directly. Contacts are on http://www.kerio.com pages.

Quote:

I want to know, is it possible to buy unlimited licenses for MailServer? Is it possible to buy unlimited licenses for WinRout FireWall?

No, there are no unlimited licenses for those products.

Quote:

And question about mail server .. how we know, for one user can stand more than one adressees. If i will by licenses i have to pay for Aliases too or only for users adress?

Big Thenks!

Aliases doesn't count as license. Number of users is counted by email accounts and mailing lists created in the Kerio MailServer or imported from the domain. Number of domains and aliases is not limited.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
t3rm

Quote:

Aliases doesn't count as license. Number of users is counted by email accounts and mailing lists created in the Kerio MailServer or imported from the domain. Number of domains and aliases is not limited.

If there will be for example 5 email adresses(users) and each user will have 3 Aliases. we will need licenses only for 5 users? do i understand correctly?
  •  
winkelman

•  
t3rm

Okey, thkx for answers !!
  •  
t3rm

I have one more question about Kerio FireWall. I would like to know How on the Kerio FireWall Counts Licenses. For example our network konfiguration includes two Firewalls, if the users connects througth the first and after that througth the second. We have to bye licenses only for one Kerio FW or for both firewalls? In coming users trafic will be count how license or incoming and outgoing?
  •  
winkelman

For every IP address the firewall maintains (a) connection(s) for a license is needed... I suspect outgoing as well as incoming.

If you need 2 firewalls, you'll need the licenses twice, obviously. However, you could try to get a discount?
  •  
t3rm

Hmmm... if on the server i have two LAN interfaces, firs interfejs is for incoming trafic, and second for outgoing trafic. Both trafiks goes throght Firewall. I have to buy licenses for both LAN Cards? And for example i have 19 users wich are comunicating through FireWall, but i have 20 licenses. Then i extend count of users till 23. And they have to work! But i have 20 licenses. I'm going to buy 5 licenses but i will waste time while i will buy it. Can the users to work throught firewall if they have not licenses but all 20 users are not conected?
  •  
winkelman

A PC that is not actively using the Internet will not count for a license. It's the number of concurrent connections that KWF counts. So if only 10 PC's are using the Internet out of 20, you'll only need 10 licenses. Mind you, after stopping the use of Internet, the license will stay 'in use' for some more time (0,5 hour? 1 hour? I'm not exactly sure).

So it's not the users that count, but the IP addresses KWF maintains connections for 'at the moment'.

On the opening screen of the Kerio Administrator you can see how many licenses are in use. Keep an eye on this number for a few days and you'll know how many are generally in use.

The number of LAN interfaces is not important. You could put 10 in the KWF and still only need to buy 1 KWF.
  •  
frankxs

<deleted> -Sorry.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 December 2005 23:41]

•  
winkelman

It's not so much the number of connections that counts, but the number of devices (as counted bu IP addresses) that KWF maintains connections for.

So any device (being it a PC or printer or whatever) using any of KWF's routing/firewall functions counts as 1 license. And you do not have to buy a license for every device, if they are not all using the KWF at the same time.

Lastly, the only thing to consider is that if a device stops 'using KWF' (for example, it was only surfing the web and now isn't anymore) it will still count as a license for a further limited amount of time (0,5 or 1 hour of something like that).

I can't make it any more clear than this...
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

winkelman wrote on Tue, 27 December 2005 14:44

Lastly, the only thing to consider is that if a device stops 'using KWF' (for example, it was only surfing the web and now isn't anymore) it will still count as a license for a further limited amount of time (0,5 or 1 hour of something like that).

By default this is 15 minutes. You can extend this by increasing the Auto Logout option, but the license will be 'held' for a minimum of 15 minutes after activity for that host has ceased.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
frankxs

winkelman wrote on Tue, 27 December 2005 23:44

It's not so much the number of connections that counts, but the number of devices (as counted bu IP addresses) that KWF maintains connections for. ... I can't make it any more clear than this...

This is not true according to the written documentation. Here is what Kerio has written concerning KWF licensing:

"User License Count
The number of users means the number of hosts (IP addresses) protected by the firewall. The Kerio WinRoute Firewall computer does not count as a user!"

See info at: http://www.kerio.com/kwf_price.html

Hosts outside of the firewall are not protected hosts, right?

-Frank

•  
t3rm

Quote:

Hosts outside of the firewall are not protected hosts, right?

yes, It is.... but if the out side hosts are part of the LAN?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

This is turning into a KWF thread. Please post KWF questions in the KWF forum.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Upgrading 6.1.1 -> 6.1.2
Next Topic: OS X 10.4 Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:25:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00574 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.