Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sending from an alternate address
  •  
allen

Send a private message to this user
Up to version 6.08 we had the ability to select an alternate From address in Outlook when sending mail...just like Exchange. When 6.09 came out this "necessary" feature ceased to function. I've read various threads where people asked when will it be fixed or added back, but have yet to see a response. At this point I have two questions:

1) Will Kerio EVER add this back into the KOC, or is the absence of an answer to this question evidence that nothing will be done?

2) What are people doing to get around this???

I can't believe only a few people have a problem with losing this functionality. Many of my users have multiple accounts because they work in multiple divisions, and are used to being able to select the appropriate division's address to send from when composing their mail in Outlook.

Unless there's a work-around I have no alternative but to stay on 6.08, thereby missing any of the benefits of the new features and fixes of 6.1.1
  •  
sedell

This was fixed in 6.1.1

Scott
  •  
allen

Scott, after receiving your response we tested this again on our test server, this time with the latest patch installed. Our results are the same. Sending from an alternate address from within Outlook does not work.

To put it simply, let's say we have two domains, a.com and b.com. I receive emails into allen<_at_>a.com and allen<_at_>b.com all day. All mail comes into my Outlook client via the KOC. When I reply to mail that came in to allen<_at_>b.com, I want to be able to reply from that address, even though allen<_at_>a.com is my primary. Kerio allows this in 6.08 (as MS Exchange), but 6.09 and later it doesn't.

Perhaps you're thinking about aliasing, which, as far as I'm aware, only works within a single domain.

Can someone from Kerio please chime in here?

I just need to know if I'm wasting my time expecting this feature to be added back into the KOC.
  •  
winkelman

Quote:

Can someone from Kerio please chime in here?

Maybe you're better off putting in a support ticket...
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

AFAIK you are experiencing bug 993, which is not resolved in 6.1.1, but is resolved in 6.1.2 which will be released Real Soon Now.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
sedell

You can do that in Outlook. We do it regularly. You just said from a different address, not a different domain or a different account. You're talking about multiple accounts within Outlook. That's a separate issue.

Scott
Previous Topic: FireFox v1.5 and KerioMail 6.1.1 Webmail
Next Topic: Hide KOC bar in Outlook?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:02:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00491 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.