Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.1.1 Patch 1 Crash
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

Send a private message to this user
Prior to updating today, 6.1.1 Patch 1 crashed on me with not log informaiton. It would not start up and did not display any type of error. This server is on Fedora Core 4.

Besides what is in /var/kerio/mailserver/store/logs are they any other log files for kerio? If not, there should be. I could not find information on why the server was crashing. If the update was not released today I would have been down until I figured out how to stop it.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

If you were using 6.1.1 and the MailServer actually crashed (as opposed to hanging) there would have been a core file created automatically. This is what we would have used to analyse the crash and determine what the cause was, and what the appropriate action would have been.

The Kerio logs are stored in the directory you mentioned. You could also take a look at your operating system logs as they might contain additional information.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

There are two core files. However they are binary, is this just something I would need to transmit to you to look at?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

That is correct, in a normal situation if your mail server crashed and cores were created, you could send us a ticket or give us a call, we then create an ftp account for you on our servers which you would then upload the cores to us. We then pass them onto our development team to be analyzed. They then either identify the issue as a previously known issue, or a new bug. In either case we let you know via a support ticket.

Because the cores were created in 6.1.1 p1 they would not be relevant, but if you happen to get a crash in 6.1.2 (we hope you don't Smile) then the above situation would apply.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Entourage 2004 Service Pack 2
Next Topic: Entourage reply to post in public folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:49:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00875 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.