Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » WebMail only for WAN!
  •  
snow

Send a private message to this user
Hello. Is there a way to make WebMail only access for anyone accessing it from off of our internal network.
Our network consists of several sites but only one mail server at the WAN/LAN. Most users use pop3 for their email clients (outlook)but I want to try and get them to use webmail when offsite.
Is there a way?

Thanks
merv
  •  
winkelman

AFAIK no. You cannot specify IP ranges for which webmail is or is not valid.
  •  
snow

Thanks for the reply. Is there not a way to have local users only be able to access pop3?
and when not on the local range, then access webmail?
  •  
winkelman

KMS only allows you to completely turn services on or off and not 'on only for this IP range' or something of the sort.

So the only way to get what you want would be to place something like a firewall in between KMS and the LAN and Internet and configure the firewall to your liking. But this is of course not realistic, so I guess you're out of luck.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

winkelman wrote on Mon, 19 December 2005 17:19

KMS only allows you to completely turn services on or off and not 'on only for this IP range' or something of the sort.

So the only way to get what you want would be to place something like a firewall in between KMS and the LAN and Internet and configure the firewall to your liking. But this is of course not realistic, so I guess you're out of luck.

Actually, you are wrong. You can limit selected service to certain IP addresses only. See http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch07s01.html :
Quote:

Allow access only from...

Allows access to a selected service to be limited to certain IP addresses only (defined in the selected group). The IP address group can be defined in the Configuration/Definitions/IP Address Groups section or directly in this dialog window by pressing the Edit button.
  •  
winkelman

Mr. Dobry, you're so right!

I guess a case of RTFM for both the TS and myself %-)
  •  
snow

Actually, that was easy. I guess I should have looked closer at the services running.
Thanks for the help
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

You could also allow/disallow with a firewall if Kerio did not allow you to do it.
Previous Topic: Outlook error 0x8004141c: ER_IMAP_STORE
Next Topic: Contact Home Address Not Appearing in Public Contact Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:23:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00536 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.