Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting Up Treo 650 to use ActiveSync
  •  
zakifataya

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to set up a Treo 650 to use an ActiveSync account with KMS. Have been using Treo with IMAP to date, but want to take advantage of ActiveSync.

However, I keep getting a 0003 error when testing or trying to sync. Don't see any messages in the KMS logs.

Don't see any mention of ActiveSync in the manual, so I assumed there was zero config at the server. Seems like the Treo can't access or authnticate to the server (though I doubt the latter; I'd see something in a log).

Any ideas?

KMS 6.1.1.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Remote ActiveSync synchronization is not supported yet. Only local synchronization with Outlook (ActiveSync 3.7.x and 3.8.0) is supported.
  •  
peterj

Does that mean that server activesync will be supported (soon?)

We could do this with exchange and would love this feature
  •  
winkelman

Excuse my possible ignorance, but isn't the Treo 650 using Palm Desktop and not Microsoft Activesync? Isn't Activesync just for Windows Mobile devices?

That's how I sync my Treo 650's: with Palm Desktop.
  •  
dthomi

I'm also interested in the future development of PDA synchronisation.

First of all I recognized, that ActiveSync 4.x doesn't seem to work with KOC anymore. Because Windows Mobile 5 needs ActiveSync 4.x it will become more and more a problem as the next PDA generation bases on Mobile 5.

Besides of that I would also like to have some kind of remote synchronisation. I have a lot of extern users that want to synchronize their handhelds over some kind of UMTS, GRPS, etc. connection.

By the way:
Haven't there been any discussions about some kind of SyncML support that should be offered in KMS 6.1 (after 6.0 was released)?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

dthomi wrote on Wed, 21 December 2005 12:02

First of all I recognized, that ActiveSync 4.x doesn't seem to work with KOC anymore. Because Windows Mobile 5 needs ActiveSync 4.x it will become more and more a problem as the next PDA generation bases on Mobile 5.

What exactly did not work for you?
I'm using ActiveSync 4.1.0 and it works well. All items are synchronized.

KOC 6.1.2, Windows Mobile 2003
  •  
dthomi

I just tested it with KOC 6.1.2. The error I recognized in 6.1.1 doesn't occur immediately, but it still exists:

Here are the steps how I can repro the issue:

1. Prerequisites:
Windows XP Profession German Edition
Microsoft Office 2003 SP1 German Edition
KMS + KOC 6.1.2
ActiveSync 4.1
Windows Mobile 2005

2. Connect a Windows Mobile 2005 device to ActiveSync
3. Create a new partnership and synchronize calender items
4. First synchronisation runs fine
5. Add a new event to the desktop's calender
6. Synchronisation runs again but it doesn't replicate the new event to PDA (Adding a new event to the PDA works fine - ActiveSync replicates it to the desktop...)
7. Delete the new event from the desktop's calender
8. ActiveSync tries to sync but stops with the error "Beim Ausführen von ActiveSync gab es ein Problem auf dem Desktop. Support Code: 85010014".
9. From this time on, nothing will be synchronized anymore (even after reconnecting the device)

I googled for this error and found a lot of suggestion how to remove it. It seems to exist in Outlook standalone scenarios and I tried most of the suggested solutions - I also reinstalled the office suite.

•  
carlPjohnson

Palm does include a limited version of ActiveSync with the Treo 650 in the VersaMail client. I have had no luck using it and just sync my contacts and calendar via conduits and use IMAP for my email via VersaMail (works great).
  •  
tekfal23

I have the exact same problem as dthomi. I've tried everything I can think of, but I can only get one successful sync. After that first sync, if I go change something in my Outlook calendar, I get the error while synching. It will not copy that change to the PocketPC. Help!!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 02 February 2006 18:35]

•  
peterj

I also have this Bug/Problem with KOC and my XDA2

If I sync with a PST or Exchange server it works fine

Using KOC the first synch after partnering device with activeysnc is OK but afterwards if always fails to sync.

(Happens with AS 3.8 & 4.1) - Using KOC 6.1.2
  •  
peterj

PS.

I suspect that this only occurs with WM5 not WM2003.

Can you both confirm this? - I suspect this is why pavel does not notice the bug as his PDA is WM2003.
  •  
tekfal23

•  
tekfal23

I just did a hard reset on mine and was able to get it all working again. On the PC, I deleted the relationship, performed the hard reset, set the phone back up and re-sync'd. It seems to be working now. I'll post if it stops working.
  •  
tekfal23

It stopped. I'm repeating process. Don't know what killed it. I'm noticing that when it fails and I try to re-sync, it's doubling up my contacts and my calendar.....strange.
peterj

lol

I didn't think it would last. It never works for me & I have tried everything.

I think the only way you could cure it is if your device can run WM2003 or if Kerio fix the bug.
Previous Topic: Stopping Kerio Mail Server using cron
Next Topic: Send E-Mail to yahoo
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:51:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00570 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.