Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » I got HTTP: Binary header detected message
  •  
ivanh

Send a private message to this user
Can someone tell me what Binary Header Detected means?

[Updated on: Wed, 21 December 2005 19:36]

•  
ivanh

•  
Nordica

Google?? Smile
almost everything can be found on google
i found this.

Binary headers are detected when the web page your browser is trying to load is an executable. This happens (amoung other times) when for example you click on certain fake URLs commonly found in P2P or IRC networks which look like they are going to be a JPG but turn out to be a virus which runs an executable and infects your machine.
  •  
soukupl

ivanh wrote on Fri, 23 December 2005 13:09

One year back, we have problem with one site and in KWF log I have found "Binary Header Detected" error...
The whole problem was, that the web server returns MySQL error description in HEAD section of HTTP response. Try to sniff HTTP response of the web server and look for anything that should not be there... (like error messages)

Ladislav Soukup
  •  
ivanh

Ok, i'll try that.

Thanks
  •  
feite

You can also change the setting in the winroute.cfg file:

<table name="ProxyHTTP">
<variable name="DetectMaliciousHeaders">1</variable>

Change the value from 1 to 0.
Previous Topic: Kerio shows wrong download/upload speed
Next Topic: VPN clients cannot reach eachother
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:23:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.