Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Virus scanner to add spam score? + order of operations
  •  
gryphon

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to make the virus scanner add spam score to an email if a virus was found?

You may have noticed that all my forum posts are about Kerio's spam prevention. This is because Kerio is a fantastic product, but I STILL get alot of spam through to my inbox. But I feel that the introduction of dns blacklist checking of all servers in the header ( http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=7817&star t=0&S=774de974e19603d6f72037af2d59a40b) and adding a spam score to emails with viruses would be great additions to Kerio's current library of spam prevention.

My other question is about the order of operation for the mail server. I get this error ALOT;
[22/Dec/2005 12:40:02] Message from <lqspveol<_at_>brownsofwem.com> temporarily rejected: sender domain does not resolve

There are several domains which are attempting to do this, and these domains obviously aren't handled by my mail server, as I only allow mail from my own domains. My point is, shouldn't the mail be rejected purely on the fact that the sender domain doesn't exist on my server before even trying to resolve the domain?

I don't know whether this would be any more effective than "temporaily rejecting", but I would assume they are different return codes and the sending server should stop trying if it is permanently rejected. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Thanks alot,
Tom.
  •  
sedell

This may be a silly question, but why would you want to accept something positively identified as a virus?

Scott
  •  
gryphon

That is a very good point, any legitimate emails shouldn't contain a virus. I will simply block them from now on.

I don't really know why I was expecting to recieve legit emails with a virus unless the checker gave false positives or if someone sent an important email and their computer was infected and sending out viruses, but in this case, they should be clean before sending anyway.

Thanks for the slap in the face :)

Tom.
  •  
sedell

Looks like you had a 'what was I thinking' moment. ;)

Scott
  •  
gryphon

hehe, too true :)

thanks mate
Previous Topic: DNS blacklist not adding spam score?
Next Topic: 1 KMS with 2 locations
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 00:57:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.