Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Someone trying to SMTP login...
  •  
archer

Send a private message to this user
Every 10 to 20 minutes for the past two days this has been appearing in my security log.

[22/Dec/2005 11:01:45] Failed SMTP login from 200.35.65.10
[22/Dec/2005 11:01:50] Failed SMTP login from 200.35.65.10
[22/Dec/2005 11:01:55] Failed SMTP login from 200.35.65.10
[22/Dec/2005 11:01:55] SMTP server connection from 200.35.65.10 closed after 3 bad commands

What can I do prevent this person from trying to break in?

I have added the IP address to the Custom Blacklist of spammer IP address's.

Thanks
Dave
  •  
easiconseil

This personn is trying to use your smtp for sending spam and he try to find an acount to do this.

For my own, i am under Fedora Core, so i blacklist this directly in iptable. If you are under windows 2003, try with the installed firewall.

But, if you use good and strong password for emails accounts, and if your server is well set, Mister 200.35.65.10 will only lost time :)

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
archer

We don't use 2003, we use XP for our server.

My internet provider has blacklisted them from getting on the network.

Dave
Previous Topic: Of all times.
Next Topic: Password Length
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:59:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.