Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Feature Recommendation: Palm Conduit for Kerio
  •  
chubby

Send a private message to this user
Perhaps this has already been suggested or is already being worked on, but I'd like to propose a new feature:

A palm conduit that syncs directly with the Kerio server and by-passes Outlook. The Web Mail has come a long way and for us is very usable. The primary reason we use Outloook anymore is so that we can synchronize our Palms.

If a conduit existed that allowed for a direct synchronization with the server, it would accomplish a number of things:

1. Remove dependency on outlook.
2. Perhaps speed the synchronization process as you could optimize it for Kerio.
3. Add new features not supported in Outlook as they become available in Kerio.
4. Synchronization could be performed remotely with PDA Phones or other wireless PDA devices. This is huge too. I suspect this would have to be a palm application that works outside of the hotsync, but I suspect there would be some code reuse.

Anyone else like this idea? Is something already in the works?
If kerio is not working on it, I'd love to write one, but would need information on the Kerio API.

•  
NorthernAlberta

This would be a bonus for me, I'm moving all my users over to webmail and this is a sticking point.
  •  
winkelman

Same here. I only use KOC on some PC's for Palm Treo 650 synchronisation. Would be terrific if the device could sync with the server directly. Devices with GPRS connectivity could then sync all over the world. My boss would really REALLY love it (he nags me about Blackberries almost weekly).

Allthough to me it seems to be quite complicated to implement and maintain. Palms change. And what about Windows Mobile?
  •  
chubby

Yeah, not sure what would be involved, but I think it would be worth doing. If Kerio didn't want to do it, I would love to try, but would need some sort of documentation on the api/protocol/etc.

•  
chubby

Did some sniffing and apparently most everything is done via the IMAPv4 connection and it appears all the messages are standard VCards.

I've since purchased a Treo 700w, so I'm going to focus on a program to synchronize directly with the Kerio server from a Windows Mobile device instead of a Palm conduit. I think Palm might be moving away from Hotsync and towards something more along the lines of ActiveSync anyhow.

Unless, of course, Kerio is already working on something like this :) ...
  •  
DXB Law

Yes it would also be great for those of us Mac users who are using Entourage primarily to sync with a Palm device.
  •  
rpelmas

Hear, Hear.

I'm testing the server now (haven't purchased), and no Palm conduit is the sticking point.

Any news would be welcome.

rp
  •  
erik.smith

Hi there, I read your post that you're using the Treo 700w. Do you mind if I ask you how is it wroking out with the Kerio mail server?

Are you able to get/sync all email and calendar information over the air, or must you physcially sync the Treo700 via a cable?
  •  
becatlibra

Has anyone seen any progress on this??
Previous Topic: Password Protecting Kerio Accounts?
Next Topic: Spam or not Spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:46:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00532 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.