Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » RealVNC and Kerio
  •  
JGALT

Send a private message to this user
Greetings. Hope everyone had a nice X'mas Very Happy

Anyway, just need your help on how to run RealVNC Server installed on a desktop computer that's behind a Winroute Firewall machine.

Case in point. My client wants to remotely access and control his workstation (installed with RealVNC Server) in the office from his home. Of course, I have Winroute 6.1.3 running on a Windows Server 2003 machine that protects the LAN. Tried setting it up but my test machine with RealVNC viewer could not get through the Winroute Firewall machine.

Can anyone advise me on what rules / settings I need to create or do? Any special IP / Port forwarding needed?

Thanks a lot, dudes!

JG
  •  
JGALT

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

Create an incomming rule (source internet destination firewall) for the correct port(s) en forward the connection to the internal PC. Done.
  •  
JGALT

Tried creating this incoming rule.

Source: <<Name of Internet Connection NIC>>
Destination: <<Firewall Host>>
Service: VNC
Action: Allowed
NAT Translation: (Used IP and port forwarding. Configure to map to ip address 192.168.2.1 to port # 5900).

Even with the above rule, plus no restriction on the VNC service, and the proper ip address and port number to forward to from the Firewall,....still no luck.

Also checked with the authentication and security options of the RealVNC server installed on the workstation inside the company LAN...all settings are correct.

Any additional comments / suggestions / inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys Very Happy
  •  
winkelman

I assume you already tried to connect to the machine from inside the LAN (to verify the correct working of VNC, the password, etc.)

Some options:

From the internet: to which IP address are you connecting? You should connect to KWF's public IP address.

VNC port 5900 is only the correct port if you use 'display' 0 in VNC and you connect to it with the VNC viewer. If you want to use the Java applet you'd also have to forward port 5800 (again, only valid for 'display' 0.

Check the VNC service definition in KWF and see if it's ports match what you've configured in VNC.
  •  
winkelman

One more thing: the VNC server machine has to use KWF as gateway, otherwise returning packets will not reach the viewer on the internet.
Previous Topic: Copy file from other network segment
Next Topic: How to VPN connection VS Astaro 6.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:42:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.