Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.1.2 & Active Directory
  •  
DSARick

Send a private message to this user
I just installed the 'Kerio Active Directory Extensions' on my Windows 2000 Server. In the KMS admin console under 'Advanced Options' and the 'Security Policy' tab I have the 'Allow NTLM authentication for users with Kerberos authentication (for Active Directory users)' checked. I create a new user and go through the process (I see the KMS setup), but the users can't authenticate. I go to the KMS admin console and I see the user. It shows they are setup to use LDAP, but it won't authenticate.

Am I missing something? Is there an issue with KMS & Active Directory?

My domain controller and my mail server are on two separate servers. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!
  •  
sedell

It should work. A couple of things that have been discussed in the past to help get it working are:

Check and make sure NTLM is checked as an Enabled Authentication Method (Also on the Security Policy tab).

In the Domain properties, on the Directory Service tab, try using the FQDN of the Active Directory server. If that fails, try the NetBIOS name instead.

On the client machine, make sure Secure Password Authentication is checked in the Account Settings.

In the debug log, enable Authentication modules and Directory service lookup to track down any further issues.

HTH
Scott

Scott
  •  
DSARick

I was not using the 'Secure Password Authenitcation' on the client. I was manually typing in the username and password. I'm glad it's just my ignorance and not a bug!

Are there any other issues I should be aware of while using Active Directory (LDAP/NTLM) for authentication?

Thanks for the quick response!
  •  
DSARick

I maybe spoke too soon. I am now having an issue with the account I set up to use AD/NTLM. I can't use that account to login to webmail. Is there something I'm missing?
Previous Topic: Somewhat off topic - Verizon Wireless National Access
Next Topic: delayed messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 21:51:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.