Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer failed to start: Cannot open user configuration file:
  •  
man_varma

Send a private message to this user
I have installed kerio mail server 6.1.2build573-linux in RedHat Linux 9. But the problem is when i try to start keriomailserver following error is coming :-

"Starting Kerio MailServer: Kerio MailServer failed to start: Cannot open user configuration file:
You should run the configuration wizard after installation"

what is this configuration wizard? I also installed kerio administration console. It also showing one error when i try to connect. the error is :-

" Cannot connect to Kerio Mail Server at 'localhost'. Server Application is not running".

Please help me....

Thx in advance....

•  
winkelman

Are you maybe blocking the port for the Kerio Administrator?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

man_varma wrote on Fri, 30 December 2005 05:52

"Starting Kerio MailServer: Kerio MailServer failed to start: Cannot open user configuration file:
You should run the configuration wizard after installation"

what is this configuration wizard?

Configuration wizard is a commandline tool for setting initial configuration. It's located at /opt/kerio/mailserver/cfgwizard.
BTW: it's mentioned in manual:
From manual, chapter 3.3

It is recommended to read carefully the LINUX-README file immediately upon the installation. The file can be found in

/opt/kerio/mailserver/doc

When the installation is completed successfully, run the configuration wizard to set the domain and the administrator's account:

/opt/kerio/mailserver
./cfgwizard

Warning: The Kerio MailServer Engine must be stopped while the configuration wizard is running.

Quote:

I also installed kerio administration console. It also showing one error when i try to connect. the error is :-

" Cannot connect to Kerio Mail Server at 'localhost'. Server Application is not running".

It's correct, because mailserver isn't running. KMS can't run without configuration files. Run cfgwizard (see above) and KMS will start.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
easiconseil

I have this error too when i try KMS under Debian Sarge. The easy way for me was to switch to Fedore Core 4 :)

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
Previous Topic: problem with lastModificationTime
Next Topic: Modifing Webmail login page
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:19:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.