Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Admin app on Panther
  •  
cying

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone has problems with running Kerio 5.7.x Admin Console App under Panther 10.3.2?

I downloaded the latest 5.7.6, installed the admin (without the engine) on my Panther Powerbook and the app just bounce a few times in the dock but will not launch.

Any ideas?

Charles Ying
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Can you telnet to 127.0.0.1 port 44337? or 25? If so then what response are you getting?
  •  
cying

OK. I am assuming you want me to run Terminal at the client I am using to try to connect to the KerioMailServer 5.7.5. Because the Admin App runs fine on the Server itself which is running on OSX 10.2.8.

I am trying to run the Admin Client (Kerio 5.7.6) on Panther OS X 10.3.2 on my laptop I travel with (Powerbook G4) and it won't launch.

I typed the following:

telnet 127.0.0.1:25

and

telnet 127.0.0.1:44337

and both gave me the following error message:

Welcome to Darwin!
[PB17:~] charles% telnet 127.0.0.1:44337
127.0.0.1:44337: No address associated with nodename
[PB17:~] charles% telnet 127.0.0.1:25
127.0.0.1:25: No address associated with nodename

Is this what you wanted me to do? Or am I missing something?

Charles Ying
  •  
minotaur

Charles,

Did you COPY the Administration Console to your laptop or perform a custom INSTALL with the 5.7.6 package?

I have a similar setup and have found that I need to perform an "install" rather than a copy of the Console for it to work. I elect the custom installation option and de-select the mail engine item so that the engine is not installed on my laptop.

Kevin

[Updated on: Thu, 05 February 2004 13:26]

•  
cying

I always trash the existing Kerio folder in Applications, then do custom install minus the engine. It used to work but hasn't since Panther.

It would be nice if you post on your website which version of the engine each version of the Admin App is compatible with. For Example, is the Admin version 5.7.6 compatible with version 5.7.5 engine? 5.7.4? 5.7.1?

Also, Get Info on the Admin app doesn't show version number. I know it is a little thing, but it has been like this forever. Surely it is a one line fix in the code.

Where does Kerio Admin App store its preferences which may survive trashing of the earlier app? Should I run some kind of un-install of the Admin app first?

Charles
  •  
cying

OK. Fixed the problem.

Did a permissions repair in Disk Utility. (did not know if this is necessary, just a few permissions fixed in /private/.

Ran the installer 5.7.6 and did an un-install first even though I had never installed the Kerio engine on this laptop, only admin apps. Then re-custom-install just the admin and documentation and it worked!

Thanks for your help,

Charles
Previous Topic: No spam filtering on POP3 downloads! Why not?
Next Topic: How to obtain an SSL certificate?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 21:49:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.