Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Webcam/Audio on MSN with 6.1.3  () 1 Vote
  •  
lvanhoe

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

i've already read various topics about how to get webcam and audio working while using Winroute 6.1.3. But after trying all the things i've read there, it still doesnt work.

I've got the smallest network you can imagine: 1 server, 1 client, with a direct connection between them. Now, I got MSN working on the client by using a proxyserver. So far so good. But then, the webcam/audio problem kicks in.

I've read about enabling UPnP, which i did: still no help. My traffic rules are setup like this:

http://www.badongo.com/pic.php?file=fgf__2006-01-03_10000.jp g

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2006 16:43]

•  
winkelman

Once you've enabled uPnP, that's all there is to it basicly.

So check if the uPnP is being used by MSN (you can see this in the MSN options). Also check if the uPnP services are running correctly in Windows.

Also, the person you're MSN-ing with should have a correct setup of course.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2006 17:16]

•  
lvanhoe

winkelman wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 17:14

Once you've enabled uPnP, that's all there is to it basicly.

So check if the uPnP is being used by MSN (you can see this in the MSN options). Also check if the uPnP services are running correctly in Windows.

Also, the person you're MSN-ing with should have a correct setup of course.

Where in the options can i see if uPnP is used? And where do i check the services in Windows?
  •  
winkelman

In the Options under the Connections tab. It states (after a little while) there what kind of connection is used. It should mention something like "uPnP port-restricted NAT" if it detected the uPnP router.

About the Windows services: ask your sysop. But default Windows will be ok.

Are you not running any further possibly limiting software such as firewalls, etc. on the PC itself?

Also: try turning on upnp debug logging in KWF to see if uPnP is used correctly.
  •  
smokey

If anybody knows how to fix the upnp problem with winroute please reply, cause I have never made this work yet. I have enabled-disabled upnp in the advanced configuration. I have opened just about every imaginable port that is remotely related to upnp. I have started, stopped the services in windows, on the firewall, on the neighbour's machine till I was blue in the face; the best that I have been able to do is change the status in MSN from indicating that there is non-upnp firewall to there is a non-upnp symmetric NAT. I have searched every resource I could find on the net and the best I could come with if you are lucky and the wind is blowing from the south is might work other that that wish you luck buy a stand alone router. You know that just sucks.
  •  
winkelman

I've tested it for you, enabled uPnP on KWF 6.1.4, installed Messenger 7.5 on a default XP machine and Messenger reports back:
Quote:

You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP symetric NAT.

So that's just fine. The problem is not KWF, I can tell you.

Mind you: if your ISP, or any other device between you and the Messenger servers besides KWF performs NAT wihtout UPnP: your still out of luck. KWF itself should not be the problem.
  •  
smokey

I have two ip's one I use to test stuff directly connected to the internet with no firewalls (open to the world for attack purposes)and the other behind the firewall. Open to the world works fine. I have tested kwf 6.0.11 and 6.1.3 with the same results. Audio and video have problems, straight text messaging works fine. It may just be the copy's I am testing but I don't think so. The firewall is build on a straight xp platform with kwf being the only app that is running besides norton antivirus. I may try another antivirus as Norton does have alot of quirks. I am sorry I do not have a license for 6.1.4.
  •  
winkelman

I've never had this problem, also not on older versions of KWF, so I really think the problem lies elsewhere.

Try running Messenger on the KWF machine itself and check it's UPnP status there. If you still get UPnP problems, KWF is not the issue for sure. If you do not get UPnP problems there: well, then you nothing wiser. Could be KWF, but could still be a lot of other things...
  •  
pwerenne

Hye,

I have the same problem but I run Kerio on Windows XP and when I enable UPNP, Kerio desavtivates the Windows UPNP service and MSN can not find any UPNP Firewall. Do you have the same problem?

Another question, do you run MSN on the same computer than the Kerio FW?

Thanks for you help.
  •  
winkelman

No, I ran MSN on a computer on the local LAN, behind the firwall, no problems.
Previous Topic: Wireless setup
Next Topic: Help a french user...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:11:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00569 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.