Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Contacts folder changed to mail?
  •  
Phaethar

Send a private message to this user
Hey all,

Having a weird problem with KMS 6.1.1 running on a Linux server. All of our users use Webmail only, and were saying that the autofill of the email address wasn't working suddenly when composing a new message. After checking settings, I took a look at the Contacts folder in the Public Folders. Initially, I received a message saying something about the folder needing to be reindexed and to try again later. A refresh or 2 later, the folder was back... but it was now a mail folder instead of a contact folder. All of the contacts showed up as an email instead now, from whichever user was logged in and checking it (from me from my point of view, from someone else if they were checking) and had a "view contact for 'name'" link in the email. The contacts were there, but are not working for mail address checks.

So, as a quick fix, I created a new folder, copied the contacts into there, and things seem to be picking up the new folder just fine. I now have a Contacts folder in the Publics folder that I can't delete or rename, and has a bunch of "email" with everyone's contact info.

Any ideas what happened, or what can be done to prevent this? Also, what can I do with the old Contacts folder now?

Thanks!
  •  
peterj

If I were you I would delete the contacts folder from the filesystem and restart the KMS service.

The contacts folder should then be re-created but empty.

Then just copy the contacts back in to it.

But first remember to BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!
  •  
Bypartizoa

We had a similar problem where Calendars would just turn into mailboxes seemingly at random. There is a quick and easy fix though. Via command line, go to the #public/Contacts folder and edit a file called status.fld. At the top, you'll see an entry that says "T0". The number after the "T" defines whether something is a mailbox, Calendar, etc. I believe the correct entry for the Public Contacts folder is T1, though you might want to check w/kerio tech support to be sure.

What made these entries change, I have no idea...and Kerio tech support was stumped as well. The problem went away after we upgraded to 6.1.2

Phaethar wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 13:50

Hey all,

Having a weird problem with KMS 6.1.1 running on a Linux server. All of our users use Webmail only, and were saying that the autofill of the email address wasn't working suddenly when composing a new message. After checking settings, I took a look at the Contacts folder in the Public Folders. Initially, I received a message saying something about the folder needing to be reindexed and to try again later. A refresh or 2 later, the folder was back... but it was now a mail folder instead of a contact folder. All of the contacts showed up as an email instead now, from whichever user was logged in and checking it (from me from my point of view, from someone else if they were checking) and had a "view contact for 'name'" link in the email. The contacts were there, but are not working for mail address checks.

So, as a quick fix, I created a new folder, copied the contacts into there, and things seem to be picking up the new folder just fine. I now have a Contacts folder in the Publics folder that I can't delete or rename, and has a bunch of "email" with everyone's contact info.

Any ideas what happened, or what can be done to prevent this? Also, what can I do with the old Contacts folder now?

Thanks!

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Bypartizoa is correct. The easy fix is to modify the status.fld file and change the T# variable accorindlgy. I have provided them below for reference:

T0 - Mail Folder
T1 - Contacts Folder
T2 - Calendar Folder
T3 - Tasks Folder

I have not heard of anybody running into this issue using 6.1.2, so please make sure you are using 6.1.2. If somebody runs into this particular issue in 6.1.2 please submit a ticket so that we can look into the issue further.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
kkesler

Same issue here running 6.1.0 patch 6 on Redhat. The variable in status.fld, however, is/was already T1. Restart had no effect.

What now?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

kkesler wrote on Mon, 13 February 2006 07:17

Same issue here running 6.1.0 patch 6 on Redhat. The variable in status.fld, however, is/was already T1. Restart had no effect.

What now?

Is there any reason you are using 6.1.0 patch 6? Please upgrade to 6.1.2, and if the issue persists, please submit a ticket at http://support.kerio.com

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
kkesler

I was looking at the wrong #public folder. Found the correct one, made the change, and now they are contacts again. However, now all the Outlook clients do not have access to this public folder until I touch the desktop and tell it to use this folder. Is there a work around for this or am I going to have to visit every desktop?
Previous Topic: Exchange Migration Tool
Next Topic: Antivirus check cannot be performed...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:36:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.