Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC through a firewall
  •  
averyb

Send a private message to this user
I've been trying to get KOC (6.1.0 T11.5 and later) to work though a firewall without using port 80, and have been having problems.

SMTP runs on 25 and 2526
POP3 and IMAP run on default ports
HTTP runs on 8080
Secure HTTP runs on 443

Port 8080 is not allowed to traverse the firewall. All other listed ports are allowed to traverse the firewall.

The only way I can get KOC to work is if the Http port in Outlook is configured for port 80. I guess that means none of the services listed in Kerio Admin have anything to do with KOC.

Outlook is configured to connect on 143 for IMAP, 2526 for SMTP, and 80 for http.

Which ports does KOC use? Can I move the http port to something other than port 80. If it breaks the autoupdate for the KOC that is fine. I can address that later. Company isn't standardized on KOC yet, so manual process is acceptable for now.

•  
cohcon

Send a private message to this user
You may want to look into port forwarding. This would allow you to connect to your server on the port of your choice, then have the system forward your request to the mailserver on port 80 for the KOC to connect.

This would require you to have a separate server, or web instance on the mailserver, providing the port forwarding, something that I know can be done, as I have had to do this in the past to provide secure as400 access for a previous employer.

Conn
Previous Topic: delayed email
Next Topic: Sorting of appointments in calendar not chronological...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 03:01:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.