Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting up Reverse DNS for Window 2000 Server
  •  
arkitek

Send a private message to this user
Does anybody know how to set a reverse DNS for a windows 2000 server. I have set the reverse DNS on the server but it seems not to be working. Does anybody have a guide or anything that you think would help me?

Thanks,
  •  
winkelman

If you want to make sure your KMS running on Windows 2000 is correctly reverse DNS-ed by other systems on the internet, you should make sure the exact domain address of that Windows 2000 machine is listed as (on of the) A-records of that domain on the Internet, not on the machine itself.

I assume this is your question, because you're asking in a KMS forum. If not, ignore me :)
  •  
arkitek

so in the kerio mail server internethost name (in the domain section) should be the ip address of the dns and not the dns1.myserver.com
  •  
winkelman

In the mails you send from KMS is mentioned your server IP address and its domain name (normally the machine name combined with the mail domain). When the receiving mailserver does a reverse DNS lookup of the IP address, (on of) the returned domain(s) should contain the machine.domain.com mentioned in the mails.

This is not something you can arrange on your server itself, but something you should arrange on the internet, in the DNS where your domain is kept.
  •  
pwhodges

Reverse DNS is not in the same DNS as your domain unless your ISP hosts your domain's DNS. It will be handled by your ISP (to whom the IP addresses have been allocated), so either you should contact them to get reverse DNS set up, or they may have a control panel to allow you to do it.

Paul
Previous Topic: Webmail bug
Next Topic: Lots of questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:28:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.