Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Autocomplete.
  •  
gaug2

Send a private message to this user
Why in Outlook 2000 with the KOC when I create a new email and I type the beginning of the email it's not able to complete it?

Exemple: I type "gga" in the "to" field to found the addres ggauthier<_at_>domain.com and is not working. But if I type a part the first or the last name of the user then it's work fine.

In the Webmail if I do the same thing and I type only a part of the email address it's work!

Is it something not supported by Outlook 2000 or is it the KOC?

Thanks.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

What you are seeing in webmail is probably a feature of the browser, named Auto-Complete. When you start typing an email address a drop down menu appears that matches that you typed, correct? If so you are using the Auto-Complete feature of your web browser, and is not related to the MailServer.

If you wish to enable auto check of addresses in Outlook, you will need to enable this feature, but please note it will not work the same as the Auto-Complete feature that your browser has.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
gaug2

No, it's not the autocomplete in IE and Auto-complete in my Outlook is enable.

What I mean is: in the Webmail even I type a part of the email or a part of the name for that email and do a tab it will complete or give me sugestion for that email.

But with Outlook 2000 it will do it if I put a part of the name but it not work for a part of the email.

Like I said if I type ktu(the three fist character of the email) for a email call ktrumbull<_at_>domain.com it will not work. It's not founding anything.

If I type kevin(fist name for the user of that email) this time it work.

I hope it's more clear now, it's not easy to explain when your english is not very good.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Connecting with Outlook 2k3
Next Topic: Problem with Kerio Exchange Migration Tool
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:17:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.