Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Add filter rule in webmail script error
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
If i try to add a new filter rule in webmail i get a script error :
I'm using explorer 6 (updated) and it happens after clicking NEW FILTER RULE with all of the options into "Select rules conditions" into RULE EDITOR WINDOW
Then no matter i choose YES or NOT i'm not able to edit the description rule
thanx
  •  
winkelman

I also have sometimes problems with my users filter.siv files (that's where the filters are stored). Since Kerio 6.1.x they sometimes seem to get corrupted. Doesn't happen often, maybe to 1 per month (out of 60 users).

The only solution I have is to replace the corrupted filter.siv file with a fresh one (from a freshly created user). This of course looses all the filters and you'd have to remake them.

(If you know the siv-syntax, you could also try to fix the broken file.)

•  
Kerio_jthomas

That's funny, this just happened in our US office.

I think there could be a bug but there isn't enough details yet.

What sort of scripting errors are you seeing? Have you kept any of your corrupted filter.siv files?

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
winkelman

I submitted a ticket about this already in October 2005 (Ticket ID: UZM-54635). Some of the errors:

Quote:

line 4: invalid command: sto

line 3: invalid command: am

line 10: premature end of script inside block (seen this one twice)

line 3: invalid command: sender

line 3: invalid command: note

These errors are mentioned in a error mail message that the users gets from KMS, with the subject: "Error in mail sorting script".

After such an error, all mail sorting stops. Moslty the users ignore these mails, but they call me as soon as their INBOX starts filling up with SPAM that not gets filtered to the Junk E-mail folder anymore.
  •  
Lyle M

I've just had my first report of a related error. A user received the following e-mail:
---
Hello,
the following error occured in your mail sorting script on
mail server at mail.xxxx.com:

line 10: premature end of script inside block

All your mail will be delivered to your INBOX folder until
you fix the error.

With regards,
Your Kerio MailServer 6.1.4 at mail.xxxx.com.
---
It's nice to know my mail server is communicating with my users without letting me know about it (at least I couldn't find anything in the logs)! Not to be pedantic, but shouldn't the "t" in "the" be capitalized? I'm dealing with editors here, and they can be quite persnickety.

Anyway, did ticket UZM-54635 ever come to a conclusion as to the cause of this error? Obviously, I can fix the problems as they occur, but I prefer to solve the root cause if possible. It would also be nice to see something in the error log when this occurs. I have to wonder how many other users have seen this, but not reported it.

Cheers,
Lyle Millander (the happy iPod winner - thanks Kerio!)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi Lyle,

We have a KB article on this now: http://support.kerio.com/kb/270

However I agree that (a) 't' should be capitalized and (b) it would be nice if script errors were reported in the logs.

Actually to be completely honest I'm not sure if they are reported in debug logging or not - I'll fire off an email to our developers.

And a bug for the spelling error.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
Lyle M

Thanks Joshua!

Do you know if this is an unavoidable (potential) problem? If so, I'll submit a feature request through the ticket system for a user level backup/restore option for rules. Perhaps even the ability to back them up as a locally downloaded file. I wonder if user's would try to share rules this way...

Most of our users aren't savvy enough to build complex rule sets - yet. But, I can imagine the aggravation someone would feel if they did put significant effort into building custom rules and then POOF - all gone.

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
winkelman

lylehm wrote on Sat, 10 June 2006 21:04

Anyway, did ticket UZM-54635 ever come to a conclusion as to the cause of this error?

Nope, the issue was never resolved and is still outstanding.

Somewhere this issue was introduced, I never had this problem with pre-6.1.x releases. Since 6.1 I have about 1 to 3 users (out of 85) per month experiencing this. Not a very big issue, as most users do not use rules at all. But there are some who would indeed be pissed of if it would happen to them... Keep my fingers crossed :)
  •  
bperkins

I also submitted a ticket on this a while back. It is not a big issue, because like you said, most users don't mess with the filters. However, it did happen to me and I use a ton of filters on my account.

It seems to only affect webmail users...at least in my case.

BP
  •  
Lyle M

Until there's a better solution, you might as well just make backup copies of the filter.siv files for those users with more than a couple of rules. I'm sure it's much less effort than rebuilding them.

Thanks for all the quick feedback. It will be interesting to see if this issue is listed on the "fixed" portion of the 6.2 release notes.

Cheers,
Lyle
Previous Topic: Convert user from internal user database to active directory authentication
Next Topic: User changed password
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:23:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.