Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Retrieve mail from archive
  •  
halma

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Is it possible to retrieve mail for a user from the archive from the kerio administration?

Is the archive only purpuse to save all the in and outgoing mail? Is it ment for backup?

Greetings,

Arjen
  •  
cohcon

If you're archiving all email, then you should be able to retrieve a particular email for a user from the admin login.

While you could consider it as a type of backup, it gets huge quickly if you have copious amounts of email flowing in and out of your system. ,if you fall under the Sarbines-Oxley act, then it can really be beneficial for your company.

To answer your first two questions, I would say, yes.

Conn

•  
catoxpress

Yes, but...
I really can't think of an easy way to do this. Our Archive has thousands upon thousands of messages. The hard part is finding the message. Searching the archive is abyssmal. I agree that you can use the Admin login to accomplish this but how to restore it to the user's Inbox? I guess you could temporarily share their Inbox to the Admin and move the message(s)using the Webmail interface?

Anyone else have a better idea.

Thanks
  •  
sedell

Aside from the abysmal search, the other problem you'll run into is anything that was BCCed, or anything that was delivered to the users mailbox via an alias address. These won't have the user's address anywhere in the message, so it's not searchable.

The best bet I think would be to restore from a backup. Does the backup restore utility support restoring only one user's mailbox? If not, I'm sure you could extract the entire backup to another location, then grab the user's mail store from that.

Scott
  •  
halma

You can only get today back. Not futher behind.

Greetings,

Arjen
  •  
cohcon

Scott is correct. Perhaps kerio can tell us a better way, but the way that I have done it is to extract a user's mail folder from the most recent backup and then restore an individual email via the file system.

KMS complains about the email suddenly appearing in the users inbox, but still works.

Pavel, can you or Josh tell us if there is a better way to restore a single mailbox or email?

Thanks,
Previous Topic: Sorting of appointments in calendar not chronological...
Next Topic: Email Support/Tracking System
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:24:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.