Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » strange problems with KWF 5.1.9 and POP 3
  •  
Gluestick

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I have some strange problems with KWF 5.1.9. I'm connected to internet with cable modem. I have two computers: Server with KWF and workstation. Server share connection for workstation. Everything works almost fine (WWW, FTP), but i observe strange problem with mail programs on workstation (on server everything works fine).

Outlook Expres and other mail programs stops when trying get messages from server and no timeout error appears ?!

When I try connect to mail server with telnet I can log in with USER and PASS commands, I can list mails with STAT and LIST commands, but i can't get few lines of message with TOP command ?! Telnet session hangs without timeout as above.

When workstation is connected directly to internet, works OK. MTU has properly value.

Any suggestions ??

Gluestick
  •  
igormsk

Have had exactly the same problem.
As I have figured out, it was the firewall on the PC behind KWF, which blocked some packets coming from KWF (when I accessed the internet from that PC directly, this kind of packets didn't arrive and there were no problems, so it's KWF who generates them).
For example, my KerioPersonalFirewall reported "SCAN nmap fingerprint attempt" and blocked them by default. They are in the medium priority section of the Intrusions module. Disabling the module or permitting Medium priority intrusions or disabling the firewall solved the problem. So I edited the ids.cfg deleting the "SCAN nmap fingerprint attempt" block from it and now everything works fine.
But before doing so, I tried several other firewalls and had the same problem with Outpost2.0/2.1, but with AtGuard everything worke fine.

If you still have the same problem, try disabling the firewall on your workstation and see if it helps.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2004 20:13]

•  
Gluestick

I don't have any firewal on workstation behind KWF.
It's a fresh W2K workstation and problem still exists.

Gluestick
  •  
igormsk

MTU is Maximum Transmission Unit. You might be experiencing packet loss. Lowering the MTU is one way of combating this. There are instructions for setting the MTU here: http://www.kerio.com/us/supp_wrp_pppoe.html

- I got read of the problem, doing nothing with the Firewall, by lowering the MTU from it's default 1500 to 1400 (1472 didn't help). When playing with this feature you can even try 500 to check out whether it helps or not.
  •  
Gluestick

Any MTU value does don't work Sad
It's a kind of magic.

Gluestick
Previous Topic: What's new in KWF6?
Next Topic: Incoming HTTP mapping not working.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:59:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.