Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Installing Active Directory Extensions
  •  
felicia.huff

Send a private message to this user
I've been evaluating Kerio in a testing environment and all is going great. I now want to move it to our live domain, but when I try to install the Active Directory Extension on our domain controller, I get the error:
"Following error occurs in process of altering Active Directory schema: 0x8000500d - (null)"
This accures while it is Checking domain configuration and rights. When I view the log I get:
"Active Directory altering process started.
Started at Tuesday, January 17, 2006 16:31:15
Getting schema master: eagle.ohrskow.com
Getting local computer name: eagle.ohrskow.com
Checking rights: Error: 0x8000500d - (null)
Finished at Tuesday, January 17, 2006 16:31:25
Active Directory altering process failed. Error: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error"

I've gotten the same error with version 6.1.1-113 and 6.1.2-569. Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be. I haven't had much luck researching on Microsofts end.
I'm running Windows Server 2003 on the Domain Controller.
Thanks
Felicia
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

You need to install the Kerio Active Directory Extensions on the schema master, which may or may not be your parent domain controller.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
felicia.huff

I believe this is the Schema Master. We have 2 domain controllers. When I tried to install it on the first one it told me it wasn't the schema master. So now I'm trying it on the second one, which happens to be the parent, but I'm getting the error I listed above. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Felicia
  •  
sedell

Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? The first error listed in the log is during the Checking rights step. I wonder if that means you don't have the required permissions.
  •  
felicia.huff

Thank you very much I was able to get it to work. Our Domain Administrator account isn't the actual built in "Administrator" even after putting my account into the Schema Admins it did not work. I had to log in as administrator and it installed correctly.
Thanks
Felicia
  •  
slylabs13

I think I had this same problem. Even though our working administrator account is a copy of the built-in Administrator account, and it had full Schema Admin permissions set, I still could not install the AD Extensions. I don't expect this was the intended behavior. Every admin who follows Microsoft's Best Practices knows you never use the built in admin if you can help it. But there is software which installs using the main Admin account to authorize their services instead of the System account, so what the hey?
Previous Topic: How to clear the public contacts
Next Topic: Permissions Explained
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:34:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.