Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » IP Address Configuration for VPN Activity
  •  
Linguinut

Send a private message to this user
I was able to connect from my home PC after opening the UDP traffic; however, that was as far as I got. I think it has something to do with the IP addressing. Here is what we have for the Work LAN:

Subnet 1: 192.168.1.x
Subnet 2: 192.168.2.x
Firewall: 192.168.2.8

What addresses should the firewall hand out to the VPN clients? 192.168.3.x? Something else?

Thanks for your help!
Ling
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

You can use any subnet you wish for your VPN clients, as long as it is not an already used subnet. So 192.168.3.x would be fine. When a VPN client connects to WinRoute, it copies the routing table from KWF into the client so that the client can talk/see other computers on the LAN.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
Linguinut

Ok. That is what I used. My home network was 192.168.1.x, so I changed it to 10.0.0.x. I can still connect, but I can only ping the firewall internal address (192.168.2.8)--no other addresses on the work LAN are available to me.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. The techknowledge seems to be down at the moment, so I will search the forums to answers to this question, for now. Then, if none are found I will try calling tech support. They have been very helpful all along the way.

Ling
  •  
Linguinut

I got it. After reading several other posts, I realized that the routes had to be tweaked a little. Any requests from the external network (192.168.4.x) were being routed to our second internal subnet (192.168.1.x). The routing table on the gateway was not discriminating the traffic and just sent the 4.x requests (any 192.168.x.x actually) down to that subnet. I added a route to the gateway that pointed all 4.x traffic back to the internal ip address of the Kerio Firewall (192.168.2.8 ). Everything worked after that.

Also, I have had to use the full naming convention to access computers and servers by name. Instead of mycomp I would use mycomp.domain.local. That works great.

Ling

[Updated on: Sat, 21 January 2006 17:13]

Previous Topic: Install
Next Topic: internet thru proxy server only
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:14:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.