Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector and 2 accounts
  •  
ph1dft

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

Is there a way to check two pop3 accounts with the Kerio
Outlook Connector.

I've installed it and it works very handy, but I only need to
check two accounts and don't want to switch profiles.

Is there a trick to add a second Kerio mailserver as Extra Server type or something too add a second account ??

Greetz Paul

Paul
  •  
MacSuperSonic

Same question here.

Is there a way to configure 2 accounts with one KOC?

Greetz
SuperSonic
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

You can add multiple account types to Outlook. Simply go to Tools -> Email Accounts, click the Add button...

Note that you can not add two MAPI accounts to the same profile.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
MacSuperSonic

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Fri, 03 February 2006 15:31

Note that you can not add two MAPI accounts to the same profile.

And that's the point ;-)

No trick or Tool to get two MAPI Accounts into one profile? It's terrible to switch between these two accounts the hole day :-(

Another chance is to fetch both eMail Adresses into one account an set a rule to filter all eMails out in a folder, which are for the second account. Have to try this, if it works probably.

Geetz
SuperSonic, GER
  •  
ph1dft

I know I can add a pop3 account that way, but I want to be able
to use the webmail and get my complete mailbox where-ever I go with my 2 accounts.

So no pop3 or whatever, just 2 Mapi accounts with one profile for at work.
There must be a way to do this ??

To Supersonic: You can get them in one account, but what if you send a reply etc...that's not so handy !

Paul
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

ph1dft wrote on Fri, 03 February 2006 09:48

I know I can add a pop3 account that way, but I want to be able
to use the webmail and get my complete mailbox where-ever I go with my 2 accounts.

So no pop3 or whatever, just 2 Mapi accounts with one profile for at work.
There must be a way to do this ??

It is not possible to have two MAPI accounts defined in the same profile in Outlook. You would need to setup forwarding or aliasing to have mail for each of the accounts delivered to a single mail box on the server side.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
vlskip

So what happens if you want to access your primary email mapi account for your user and also want to access a coworkers mapi email account (without having to use webacess) while he’s on vacation ?

I want to replace exchange with Kerio in the next two weeks and this is the setup I currently have under exchange.

The lack of this feature is stopping my migration process right now until I convince my superiors.

At my office we want to eliminate all pop3 on the lan.

I think Kerio should look into this feature asap.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Quote:

So what happens if you want to access your primary email mapi account for your user and also want to access a coworkers mapi email account (without having to use webacess) while he’s on vacation ?

The user who is on vacation can share his mail folders with you. You will see the folders in your own KOC profile. This is described in the manual (http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/) which you may want to search (http://support.kerio.com/ (use the right side search function).

Quote:

I want to replace exchange with Kerio in the next two weeks and this is the setup I currently have under exchange.

If you attempt to replace Exchange with Kerio in two weeks without fully understanding Kerio MailServer's strengths and limitations, you'll be unhappy with it and so will your users and bosses.

I strongly urge you to spend the full 30 days with the trial license we provide to investigate the product.

It is not currently possible to define two actual MAPI (KOC) accounts inside Outlook in the way you are suggesting. If you require this functionality, stay on Exchange - don't buy Kerio MailServer. We don't want you to buy the product if it doesn't work for you.

This feature is being worked on. I really don't know when we'd have it available; all resources are currently focused on building an offline mode.

Cheers,
Joshua

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2006 23:17]

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
vlskip

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Mon, 24 April 2006 23:15

Quote:

The user who is on vacation can share his mail folders with you. You will see the folders in your own KOC profile. This is described in the manual (http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/) which you may want to search (http://support.kerio.com/ (use the right side search function).

Quote:

If you attempt to replace Exchange with Kerio in two weeks without fully understanding Kerio MailServer's strengths and limitations, you'll be unhappy with it and so will your users and bosses.

I strongly urge you to spend the full 30 days with the trial license we provide to investigate the product.

It is not currently possible to define two actual MAPI (KOC) accounts inside Outlook in the way you are suggesting. If you require this functionality, stay on Exchange - don't buy Kerio MailServer. We don't want you to buy the product if it doesn't work for you.

This feature is being worked on. I really don't know when we'd have it available; all resources are currently focused on building an offline mode.

Cheers,
Joshua

Thank you for your reply Joshua... we are already using a 1020 user server with KMS but not with MAPI accounts (all pop3) this is why i'm a little confused.
For the new server i will only be using arround 100 user MAPI only.

I will look into the mailbox sharing option and it might do the trick. :)

Thank you very much!

[Updated on: Tue, 25 April 2006 19:41]

Previous Topic: Two simple questions - New to Kerio
Next Topic: Spam Assassin not working so well
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:34:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.