Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Routing internet traffic on 2 DSL's by protocol / service.
  •  
JGALT

Send a private message to this user
HI Guys.

Need Help. My client has 2 DSL connections connected directly to a single computer with KWF, which also acts as a gateway.

Is there a way to route traffic / internet connection (inbound and outbound) by protocol / service? Example:

NIC 1 = DSL 1
NIC 2 = DSL 2
NIC 3 = used for LAN

I want to spread the internet connection usage of our users by re-routing or diverting POP/SMTP connection to DSL1 and the rest of the internet connection (HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, SIP, etc.) to DSL2. In effect this is to balance the internet connection demands of all users and spread them between 2 DSL connection.

Sort of like Load balancing but by protocol

Comments / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JG
  •  
JGALT

I really need anyone's input(s) on this matter. Your comments / suggestions are much obliged.
  •  
feite

Try this

Mail:

name: mail (DSL1)
source: LAN
dest: internet (DSL1 and DSL2)
service: POP3, SMTP
action: allow
translation: translate to ip addres of interface DSL1

Other:

name: other traffic (DSL2)
source: LAN
dest: internet (DSL1 and DSL2)
service: HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, SIP, etc
translation: translate to ip addres of interface DSL2
  •  
electronico

Hi,
I would like to do similar thing that the one you posted .
1 DSL line for input traffic
1 DSL (reverse) line for output traffic
I'm well expereinced with winroute, but our local DSL lines are so expensive here that I'd like to be sure prior to subscribe another DSL line.
Have you succeed to configure Winroute for your 2 DSL lines as you wanted to do ?
What I have previously read was about 2 PCs and 2 Winroute Confused
Thanks for your time.
Nicolas
  •  
feite

incomming traffic:

name: incomming
source: dsl 1
dest: firewall
service: <specify service like http>
translation: map to internal server

outgoing traffic:

name: outgoing
source: lan, firewall
dest: dsl 2
service: <specify>
translation: nat translate to ip address of dsl 2

The rule 'incomming' will handle all request from public services like your mail, web or ftp server. Create multiply rules like this one if you have multiple services (one for each service). Reply traffic will also use this rule (dsl 1).

Outgoing traffic will use rule 'outgoing' like browsing the web. Response traffic from visited websites will also use this rule.
  •  
electronico

Hello feite,
Thanks for your answer!
I just would like to know : have you personally done this 2 lines configuration ? or are you talking from 'theory' ?
  •  
feite

•  
B_U_L_I

•  
electronico

I don't know, as explained in earlier posts I can't offer to test.
DSL lines are too expensive here.
  •  
sanjshah68

hi,
we have 1 dsl line. which is connected to our server which has kwf and kerio mail server on the same mach. due to speed limit we got 2nd dsl line. we are going to connect 2 dsl line on the same server.
lan1=dsl1 for po3 and smtp traffic
lan2=dsl2 for all the other traffic.
lan3= for local lan.

pls give us your input on configuring so traffic can be routed as required.

regards

sanjay
  •  
electronico

If you can't read the messages in this tropic, I think we can't do anything for you Confused Shocked Sad
  •  
delusionz

Hi all, I've tried this with version 6.1.3 but with a pci adsl modem and a dialup modem, everything mentioned up there looks good in theory, i tried all those things and more and it would only give preference to 1 line at a time. i also thought that with separate nat rules for different port ranges and testing with bittorrent (everyone uses different incoming port numbers), all outgoing connections only went on 1 line or another.
  •  
sanjshah68

Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

its working

sanjay
  •  
B_U_L_I

??? TEL US HOW ???
electronico

Hi sanjay,
It seems that B_U_L_I has won on the 'reply battle' Wink
So you have it working ?
Please confirm it's true and we'll spend another lot of money (US$200./month) to have to reverse ADSL line (512kbps UP / 128kbps DOWN) added to the 512k_down / 128k_up.
Nicolas

PS : I know that people in advanced (to-date) technology countries might laugh from this, but I don't laugh when I received bills from ISP (for an ADSL 512k_download/128k_upload = $200./month).

PS2 : Just for information, sanjay, might you indicate in which country (at least continent) you live ?
Previous Topic: Redirect incoming Traffic witk kwf
Next Topic: User Statistics Page Query
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:45:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00589 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.