Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage groupware questions
  •  
Darren

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

We are a Mac shop with approximately 270 users running Entourage 2004 on a combination of Mac OS X 10.3 & 10.4 machines, (server: Xserve 2.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, 3x 500GB HD's, hardware pci-RAID controller, OS X 10.4). We've been using CommuniGate Pro v4 for the past few years, but seriously considering the leap to Kerio for Entourage groupware capability. When Stalker announced their new pricing model, we decided to stick with CommuniGate based on their 'Entourage groupware' press release on January 10th, 2005. Sadly, over a year later, they haven't delivered.

We are extremely impressed with Kerio's capabilities, however would like to gain feedback from current (Mac) Kerio customers regarding the following:

a) For environments with 250+ Entourage groupware users, what is your overall impression of Kerio + Entourage? Is Kerio stable? Are there any major bugs in Entourage (besides the calendar/contact delegation limitation) you've come across when using Exchange mode?

b) Has anyone come across Entourage error 4362 when using Exchange mode? Our IMAP users have experienced this issue when sending a draft item containing a file attachment (happens randomly, on-screen error appears right before "Encoding Attachment"). The message is not sent and is completely discarded. I'm curious to know whether this is only an issue with IMAP in Entourage and whether anyone has experienced this using WebDAV/Entourage aswell? (I realize this is more of a question for Microsoft, but thought i'd bring it up just in case other people know of this).

c) When using Exchange mode, it seems there is a synchronization process happening every minute or so. Can anyone provide information on what it's doing during the sync? Does it consume a fair amount of bandwidth?

d) Most of our users range from a 200MB -> 5GB mailstore. Does Kerio handle this well in environments of 250+ users?

e) Half of our user base are POP3 users, the other half IMAP. I've moved a few IMAP accounts over manually (dragging the folder hierarchy across in Mail.app). We don't want to use Kerio's CG migration tool as we're only interested in moving over mail (INBOX, Filed mail, etc). Are there any good scripts you can recommend for automating the transfer process (IMAP server -> IMAP server).

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Darren
  •  
cohcon

Darren, look into imapcopy and see if it meets your needs...

http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html

I'm not a Mac user, so I can't speak to the mailserver's performance, but several people claim that it is most stable and works best on this platform.

I'm using linux and have about 400 users with only 1 user with a mailbox over 1Gb, (the CFO). I generally enforce 200Mb quotas to force users to clean out their mail items.

Best Regards,
Conn

•  
Darren

Thanks for your input, Conn!

Previous Topic: Is it Possible?
Next Topic: Search for contacts in selected folders.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:50:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.