Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird Address book problems
  •  
mh123

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to setup the thunderbird address book to access the LDAP addresses in my kerio mailserver. I have the auto-complete working when composing an email but when I open the address book I can't see the email addresses. The settings I have used are:
hostname: <server name>
Base DN: fn=public,fn=ContactRoot
Port: 389
Bind DN: <username><_at_><domain>

Since I can get the auto-complete it must be working but I am not sure what the problem is. There is a blue band around the icon in the thunderbird address book.
Thunderbird V1.5
Kerio V6.08

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MH

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2006 10:05]

•  
cohcon

You listed your version as 6.0.8.

You should upgrade to 6.1.2 as there are several ldap fixes with the later versions.

•  
crackd

I am having similar issues and we have 6.12 installed. Anyone know of any issues with LDAP connecting via Thunderbird 1.0.7 and KMS 6.12?

When I type in a user name I get prompted for my LDAP password. I put it in, but nothing happens. Just keeps prompting. I have not received an error that I can show you.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 February 2006 01:45]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

crackd wrote on Wed, 08 February 2006 01:44

I am having similar issues and we have 6.12 installed. Anyone know of any issues with LDAP connecting via Thunderbird 1.0.7 and KMS 6.12?

When I type in a user name I get prompted for my LDAP password. I put it in, but nothing happens. Just keeps prompting. I have not received an error that I can show you.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Your are probably sending wrong username/password to the server. Check error and warning log in KMS.

Please check also that your setting in Thuderbird are correct:
Set Base DN to fn=ContactRoot or leave it empty. Both should work.
Bind DN should be your login name (username<_at_>domain or just username if the domain is primary).

index.php?t=getfile&id=835&private=0

•  
digix

Can anyone verify if Thunderbird can still connect via LDAP for Address Book??

I've been trying to get this working for a few days now and I get no error/warning/debug information on the kerio side and just a 'replication failed' message when trying to sync the address book.

Yet another Kerio issue leaving me with a WTF? taste...
  •  
winkelman

I haven't run Thunderbird in a long time, but I still had it installed and setup, so I fired it up for you: I can use LDAP search just fine.

That's Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 with KMS 6.4.2...
  •  
digix

Interesting...

So my setup does not work with the address book and I can't seem to get any relevant output as to why its not working from the admin console...

Were you prompted for a password when it syncs the book or what? I think the authentication is whats holding this back but I don't get any login prompts or anything. Sad

Oh, using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu 7.10 connecting to KMS 6.4.1 (will finally install 6.4.2 over the holiday break).

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2007 23:23]

•  
winkelman

I use the master password facility, so I don't get prompted anymore (besides for the master password at the beginning, obviously). I do see a password listed for the ldaps connection though, so at some point I indeed did enter the password for it.

Perhaps you have an incorrect password stored in the Master Password facility?
Previous Topic: Winroute & Mobile Phone Email
Next Topic: Can't get a wildcard filter to work
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 19:35:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.