Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is it Possible?
  •  
snow

Send a private message to this user
to add a feature such as:
1. An automatic print or direction to printer function for a particular user on the server. For ex.: We have a user called opinions<_at_>domain.com. All email is forwarded to 3 admins. It would be nice to be able to have all emails sent to this account on the SERVER to be "forwarded" to a particular printer on the network rather than users.

•  
sedell

How many times are you going to ask the same thing?

Scott
  •  
winkelman

If nobody here answers, probably they do not know the answer. Mostly people are quite helpful here on the forum (if you ask questions the right way ;-)

So: no answer: first thing do to (after a day or to) is to bump up your previous post (just reply to it with). Else: you're better of just calling Kerio's support line then repeating your question. They can answer your questions immediately.
  •  
cohcon

There are any number of new advanced printers out there that can pop an email address and print the messages it retrieves.

I know the Ricoh Aficio line can do this, so its probably a sure bet that HP, Xerox, and others can too...

•  
winkelman

cohcon wrote on Wed, 25 January 2006 20:45

There are any number of new advanced printers out there that can pop an email address and print the messages it retrieves.

Nice printer feature!

This got me thinking and I checked: you can setup an Outlook rule that sends messages to a printer (at least in Outlook 2003).
  •  
peterj

Yes but Outlook rules do not work when using KOC.

(& If you weren't using KOC then they would not be server based & you would need outlook running & pop/imap 'ing in)
  •  
winkelman

True, with KOC it won't work.

I just mentioned it because the TS possibly already has a PC somewhere that could run Outlook (with POP3) to auto-print messages. That would be cheaper than buying a special printer.
  •  
cohcon

You can do this via the web interfacemail filter though.

Just create a rule to forward your email to another address...

•  
peterj

???

How would this help you auto-print the stuff?
  •  
snow

Actually that's not what I asked. "PRINT" right from the email server. As they get stored in the server, rather than auto forward, it would be nice to auto forward to a printer rather than a user
  •  
cohcon

To answer Peter, what I suggested isn't technically auto printing, however it would work the same way that many helpdesk apps do. If you have a printer smart enough to pop the message from a mailbox and print it.

A message gets delivered to a user's mailbox and a rule picks it up and either forwards the message to a "printer" mailbox, or the first mailbox is pop enabled so that the printer can pick it up and print it out.

I know this isn't the feature that snow originally asked about, but it will work...

C'mon guys, we're techie types. We adapt, we improvise, we overcome... ;-)

Conn

•  
snow

Thanks again for the reply but everyone is assuming the email messages have already been delivered to the users folder in Outlook or other program. These are all STILL on the email server. Now the email server has a feature to auto forward to another users folder on the email server. I wondered if a new feature could be installed to "forward" all messages that arrive in a particular's user's folder: store, to a printer rather than a user.
Remember again, this all happening on the email server... not at the desktop.

merv
  •  
winkelman

Dear snow,

We've laid out several solutions to your problem that make it possible to do EXACTLY what you ask. For example:
1. Create a special 'print-messages-user'.
2. Make server-side rules in all mailboxes (through webmail interface) to forward messages that needs to be printed to the 'print-messages-user'.
3.a. Buy a printer that can POP3-print and point it towards the 'print-messages-user'
3.b. Configure an always running Outlook to retrieve the messages from the 'print-messages-user' and let Outlook auto-print these messages.

I know you want another solution, to let KMS server handle this itself, immediateley, directly, easy, but that's just not possible and not going to happen any time soon. Be creative.
Previous Topic: KMS Integrated McAfee Antivirus bug
Next Topic: Entourage groupware questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:29:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.