Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and Postfix
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone used Kerio and postfix on the same machine (different ip addresses)? I want to use Kerio for my office mail but not for hosting accounts.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

On my (unsupported) Debian installation I have Postfix configured to accept local mail, which I just have forwarded to my KMS installation.

Postfix is set to only listen on 127.0.0.1 and KMS is set to listen on my external IP address.

In theory you should be able to set Postfix to listen on one IP address, and have the KMS services listen on another.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
cohcon

Yeah, I'm doing this on a CentOS box. Postfix is on different address listening for different domains from kerio.

You can either set this manually, with webmin - www.webmin.com, or something like vmailadmin - www.vmailadmin.org

•  
jeffleeismyhero

I am using cPanel. I looked it up and apparently it uses Exim for SMTP and imap? for IMAP and pop? for POP3. I would like to use whatever was built in.

To get this straight, the best thing to do would be to have each listen on different ports or to have one external and one internal? I don't want to lose any KMS functionality.
  •  
cohcon

Never used cPanel, so I can't really say.

You can telnet to each ip and port for each service and see what answers, though you may want to do this on the same system to make sure that a firewall isn't blocking you from the port while testing.

I have kerio listening on both external and internal ips. If you check the properties in the admin console, you will see that kerio can listen on specific ips or all ips. To do what your wanting, you would change this to the specific ips that you want.

I have postfix listening externally on a different ip and domain and forwarding certain mail to kerio similar to Kevin in this thread.

Previous Topic: Import to a Active Directory accounts?
Next Topic: Kerio Mailserver and Mac OS X server 10.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 14:00:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.