Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Security Certificate Problems
  •  
bropatrick

Send a private message to this user
Before my users' web browsers will go to the login page of the firewall, they are presented with a Security Certificate that they are required to click "yes" too. It says something about the certificate coming from the firewall may not be trusted. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!
  •  
winkelman

Buy a certificate from a trusted source or import your self-created certificate in the trusted certificates store.
  •  
bropatrick

Forgive me if I seem a little green here, but how do I do that?
  •  
winkelman

Do what? Buy a certificate or import your self-generated one?
  •  
bropatrick

The self-generated one sounds cheaper, but if it is super technical then I better go with the purchase. Can you point me in the right direction for both?
  •  
winkelman

You alrady have a self-generated one: that's the one your users have to accept. It's not automatically accepted, because Windows (of course) does not automatically trust your KWF. That's why there are 'trusted third parties' (such as Verisign). If you buy a certificate there, they check your company if it's OK, and give you a certificate. Windows will automatically trust certificates from 'trusted third parties'.

So buying a valid certificate will ensure no one gets the certificate warning anymore.

The other option is to tell your computers to trust your self-generated certificate. To do this, click on 'View certificate' in the certificate warning pop-up, click on install certificate and go from there.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 January 2006 12:10]

•  
bropatrick

Thanks! As I began looking at the error message we were getting closer I realized that the problem was in the name of the server the certificate was coming from. I was able to go back into the Winroute Administration panel and regenerate the SSL certificate with the correct name, then everything worked fine. Thanks for your help and patience.
Previous Topic: Networkspeed SLOWDOWN!!
Next Topic: Strange trouble with VPN , need help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:32:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.