Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » someone please help!
  •  
bar891

Send a private message to this user
Can someone please help me find the problem with my config?
I cannot send or recieve emails. When i send an email it sits in the message queue with a message "cannot connect to remote host" I can telnet the host from my server so it has to do with something in my config. If i could get someone to work throuh it with me.
This is driving me nutts, been on this for weeks now just about to give up!

many thanks
  •  
bar891

Ok can recieve mail by config my router in the NAPT area but still cannot send mail. What port does you mail go out on?
maybe it is something there?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

You need to be able to connect to remote MailServers on port 25.

As a test open up a command prompt on the KMS machine and type:

telnet name.of.remote.mail.server 25

If you get a response you should be good. If you are unable to get a response that indicates a firewall type of issue. Make sure you try multiple mail servers to make sure that you get good results. (Meaning don't just test with one as it could be down atm)

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
RPC_Admin

You know since 6.1.2 I have noticed alot of people suddenly can't ping to their server using port 25. I myself had this same issue. ONe day it works perfect, I install 6.1.2 and suddenly can't telnet to my server over port 25. Granted the solution to switch to port 26 is solid and has worked fine, but I have seen at least half a dozen people in these forums scratching their heads over not suddenly be able to use kerio. I have also noticed since switching to port 26, that Outlook is crashing 20 times a day or so. Any idea on this?
  •  
RPC_Admin

B74ubba wrote on Mon, 30 January 2006 09:38

You know since 6.1.2 I have noticed alot of people suddenly can't ping to their server using port 25. I myself had this same issue. ONe day it works perfect, I install 6.1.2 and suddenly can't telnet to my server over port 25. Granted the solution to switch to port 26 is solid and has worked fine, but I have seen at least half a dozen people in these forums scratching their heads over not suddenly be able to use kerio. I have also noticed since switching to port 26, that Outlook is crashing 20 times a day or so. Any idea on this?

Writing the above made decide it was time to research the port 25 thing more. I ran a ping to port 25 and suddenly it worked again. Granted nothing has changed since it stopped working. Also I went from crashing about 20 times per day to not crashing once. I think KOC has some instability issues with using other ports maybe?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Please note if you have the Spam Repellent feature enabled, the greeting will be delayed for X number of seconds when you try to telnet to your server. So if you have the Spam Repellent feature enabled, you will need to wait for X number of seconds before a greeting would be displayed.

You can observe this by doing:

C:\> telnet mail.kerio.com 25

(You will need to wait for roughly 30 seconds before you see our MailServer respond to you)

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Error in mail sorting script
Next Topic: Webmail: Need Tasks and collaboration Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:19:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.