Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail is slow with HTTPS en IE
  •  
FrankAmsterdam

Send a private message to this user
If Internet Explorer is used as client for Kerio WebMail in combination with HTTPS it's extremely slow. It takes almost one minute to load the login page. Firefox loads it within ten seconds. After logging in I can drink coffee or go to the toilet. It takes almost one minute to load the mini-webmail and three and an half minutes to load the complete (full-featured) webmail. That's absurd.

Hardware

• Dell Poweredge 1750
  • 2 x Intel Pentium XEON 2,4
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 2 x 36 GB (RAID1)

Software

• Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
  • Kerio MailServer 6.1.2
  • Eset NOD32 2.0
  • Apache HTTPD 2.0.55 with PHP 5.0.5

Functions

• Domain Controller
  • DNS Server
  • Apache runs om port 80
  • Kerio WebMail runs on port 591

I don't know where to start searching for this problem. Can anyone help? The most of my users want to use Internet Explorer.
  •  
winkelman

You have KMS (with internal webserver with php) and Apache with PHP. Did you take the proper precautions to 'separate' two to so they are not trying to handle eachothers requests?

Did you exlude the mailstore from NOD32 as required?

What is the server load during these extended logins?

•  
FrankAmsterdam

Apache and KMS don't bite each other. I've strictly devided the two. This problem only occurs with IE.

I've excluded the mail store directory. The server load is not really getting higher when I start the webmail with IE. Is a server load of 2% saying enough? ;)
  •  
winkelman

2%, hmm, that's a lot, you may want to consider upgrading your server ;-)

You're right, if Firefox performs satisfactory and IE doesn't, it probable ain't a server issue. It seems to be some IE setting.

You say it occurs with HTTPS. How about HTTP?

What comes to my mind (don't know if it's relevant): if it only is slow during login, it may point towards an authentication issue. And since only IE suffers, it could be due to some NTLM issues (Firefox would not support this, so it would not bother). How do your users authenticate and do you use some integration or a local KMS user database?
  •  
FrankAmsterdam

Well, IE is slower of course. But with HTTP it works quite well. 10 seconds and 15 seconds. But still it's too long in my opinion.

I'm using the Active Directory as user authentication. I'm having one local admin user for emergency. NTLM should be off... :( But I have to check that.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2006 16:02]

•  
easiconseil

VelhaChica wrote on Wed, 01 February 2006 16:01

Well, IE is slower of course. But with HTTP it works quite well. 10 seconds and 15 seconds. But still it's too long in my opinion.

I'm using the Active Directory as user authentication. I'm having one local admin user for emergency. NTLM should be off... :( But I have to check that.

I have same thing, and it was my ISP that do QoS on https ports. In my case Firefox was quicker because his cache is better that IE.

i change from Free to Wanadoo and Webmail Kerio is very quick under firefox and IE and with SSL.

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
Previous Topic: How to put a message sent to a mailing list as a attachment?
Next Topic: Images not showing in e-mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:49:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.