Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » UTF-8 Encoding using KOC
  •  
Kirin

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

I just startet over with Kerio 6.1.2 and wow...what to say? It is really cool. Much more better than our last Mailserver:-)

But there is, aehm, a little, little problem.
Our users are sending mails with Outlook 2003 and KOC 6.1.2. Every Mail sended by this combination is encoded in UTF-8.

Is there any way to force encoding to ISO-8859-1 oder is it a default value when we use KOC?

Can you give me any hints to solve this problem or give me a workaround?

Regards

Kirin
  •  
sedell

In Outlook 2003, go to Tools -> Options -> Mail Format Tab -> International Options button. Under Encoding Options, uncheck 'Auto select encoding for outgoing messages', and select the encoding you want from the drop down box. I'm not sure how it automatically selects, but that could be the problem.

Scott
  •  
Kirin

Hi,

no i tried this before. Even when I am writing an E-Mail and setting encoding to Iso-8859-1 the mail is sent in UTF8.

Probably a KOC-Problem or bug or something...?

Kirin
  •  
sedell

I'm not sure. My mail was going out charset us-ascii even though Western European (ISO) was selected. I did exactly what I said in my last post and selected Western European (ISO), and my mail went out as iso-8859-1.

Scott
  •  
roedl

Hi,

we are using MS Outlook XP and such settings works for us only in HTML mails. If we send mail in Plain Text then the mail is always sent in UTF.

I tried to submit ticket about it to Kerio Technical Support and was said something like "UTF is our marvellous future" and so they will not change anything on this KMS feature.

M.
Previous Topic: Can I use KMS user database for LDAP?
Next Topic: Not quite KMS related: How to Combine Calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:14:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.