Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Empty mail when ¤ is used
  •  
niessink

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

When I send an email in which the Eurosign ( ) is used, an empty mail is send. The receiver gets an empty mail and in Sent Items also an empty mail is shown.

We use Windows XP SP2 and Microsoft Outlook 2000.
Latest version of Kerio MailServer is installed.

Anyone also experienced this problem?

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 20:28]

•  
ij12

Hello Sjoerd,

thanks a lot... finely we know why there have bin sometimes (!) empty Mails at one of our Customer. Nobody payed attention to the Sign...
There the problem occourred after update the KMS and the KOC to 6.2.1.

After different Tests, we finaly could isolate the Problem. Definetly the Kerio Outlook connector cause this problem. After Downgarde to KOC 6.1.1, the Problem haven't shown up yet.

The only thing, I didn't discovered is, how to disable the KOC Update when KMS 6.1.2 is in use?

Any Idea?

Regards

Ivan Jelic
B:Computer GmbH
Technical Support
  •  
niessink

Hello Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will try to downgrade the KOC to version 6.1.1. Will let you know if it works here too!

I don't know either if it is possible to disable the automatic KOC update. Users will probably press yes if they are asked to install the update, they also don't get the annoying update message no more.

Did you send this problem to Kerio? Otherwise I will send them an email with the conclusions which we found.

Kind regards,

Niessink & Partners
The Netherlands

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 20:29]

•  
ij12

Hello Sjoerd,

yes we send the problem to Kerio a few times! It would be nice, if you could do it to, to make some pressure on them to fix it.

The only thing that make sense is, that they have to fix the Bug in another update... quick! At this one Customer we have installed the AD Extensions and there are around 80 Users... so an Update is much easier to handle!

So please write them, too. We sold the SW and Kerio has to help us out! With Bugs like these, this Konzept is unsaleable.

Greetings from South Germany.

Ivan Jelic
B:Computer GmbH
Technical Support
  •  
Wullie

This seems to happen only with outlook 2000 and KOC, am I correct?

I'm using this to and have the same problems. I hope it is only the sign that causes the blank mails...
  •  
niessink

Yes, it looks like this only happens with Outlook 2000 and KOC 6.1.2. Very strange problem!

Today I will submit a ticket to Kerio Support with this problem.
Hope they can do something about it!

Downgrading to KOC 6.1.1 seems to be the only solution at this moment, but can't find the correct files yet...

Niessink & Partners
The Netherlands

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 20:27]

•  
ij12

Hello Sjoerd,

thats pretty Dump... our customer is still on Outlook 2000!

Do you need the 6.1.1 Installation File?

Regards

Ivan
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

This is bug 12592. It only happens for Outlook 2000 and KOC 6.1.2. You can use KOC 6.1.1 as a work-around until we have a fix.

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
niessink

Thanks for your reply!
Tried to contact the Kerio Support, but the sign up does not work properly. I only get a mail with the message: "Registration Pending for Kerio Support Desk".

But can you tell me where I can find KOC 6.1.1???
The older downloads on the Kerio website only go from version 6.0.0 till 6.0.10.

Niessink & Partners

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 20:26]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
niessink

Thanks a lot!
Downgraded KOC tot version 6.1.1 and the problem with the is gone.
Also an other problem with forwarding a newsletter (with .gif or .jpg in it) is solved. With version 6.1.2 only the .gif and .jpg files were forwarded (as attachments) without the text.
Now the newsletter is forwarded in the original form again.

Niessink & Partners
The Netherlands

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 20:28]

•  
Cramer

I have same problem and I'm using KOC 6.1.2 with outlook 2003+ps2 and all other updates.

I have to try to downgrade Kerio connector and test again.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2006 08:20]

Previous Topic: Password expirations
Next Topic: Delete email using IMAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:35:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00559 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.