Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Trouble with Front-end SMTP
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
We have a small Win2K server running the IIS/SMTP service, with plugins for anti-virus and anti-spam. This machine is the SMTP gateway to our Kerio mail server, and Kerio sends all outgoing mail through it. We have two issues that I can't put my finger on the solution.

The first is we see many log entries similar to this:

01/Feb/2006 00:16:39] SMTP server connection from smtp2.mrpcap.com lost: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

This appears to be a time out issue with connections from the gateway machine to Kerio. Is there some time-out value for kerio that I can increase to solve this problem?

The second problem is that sometimes, Kerio refuses mail that is sent to an alternate address. For example, my e-mail is 'bud<_at_>mrpcapx.com', but I have an alternate address 'bdurland' on my user account. Sometimes mail to the 'bdurland' address will not get delivered because Kerio reports "no such user". This doesn't happen all the time, but it's often enough to be a concern. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2006 15:46]

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
BudDurland

Advice, anyone?

--Mammy Yokum
  •  
winkelman

And bdurland is configured as an alias?
  •  
BudDurland

The 'bdurland' is configured in the user account properties, on the "Mail Addresses" tab, not as a domain alias. It does not fail 100% of the time, but often enough to be a bother.

--Mammy Yokum
  •  
winkelman

Strange.
The lost mails are not blocked or spam-tagged or something?
Previous Topic: Domain footers problem?
Next Topic: Messages in Multipart ID makes receiver ill
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:27:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.