Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS with Sophos, Update IDE question
  •  
himo

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

since a few days we are using KMS 6.1.2 with Sophos AV.
In the Administraion Console under Antivirus, we choosed the Sophos from the menu, and a testvirus was recognized.

Under "Options" we have set the "MinutestoCheckIDE" to 60, but i think that nothing happens, because there is no new IDE in /usr/locall/sav.
I thought that this is the Option to initiate sophos to do a IDE update from the Sophos Website, isnt it?
If not, what does this option mean?

Thanks

Best regards

himo
  •  
germanr

I currently use KMS with Sophos Av but on Windows platform. On the most normal configuration, the IDE files should be on your CIDs (central installation directories) that are the repositories for the executables and virus definitions. Enterprise Manager should download the new IDE files onto those directories and make them available to all the computers on your network (to save bandwith).

On Sophos versions 5x upwards you have the option to download ides directly from Sophos (this would be the most common case of a travelling laptop). There you set up the frequency in the properties of Sophos Autoupdate.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
himo

Thanks for your reply,

so I will use a shellscript for downloading the IDEs.

Regards

himo
  •  
BudDurland

Sorry to be so late to the game here..

Himo, you're working too hard. We use Sophos here with our Kerio mail server. The only thing you need to do is install Sophos, and configure automatic updating (either from your in-house central installation directory, or direct from Sophos) in the Sophos client. No configuration in KMS at all, no shell scripts, etc.

It's like the guy in the info-mercial says: "set it and forget it"

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
himo

I forget to say that we use KMS on a Linux box.
So theres not really a sophos client, it?s only "sweep" the sophos engine.
Sweep has no interface and there is no way to tell sweep to update the ides from EM Library or Sophos direct.
A really sophos client for Linux is in progress as a quy from Sophos told me, but theres no release till March/April this year.
But I love sweep we use it since app. 5 years on a SuSE eMail Server and i works like a charm.

Regards

himo
  •  
mike-p

Hi,

We also use Sophos on Linux. Would you mind sharing the script?
Also, sophos told me I had to reset Kerio after every update. Any thoughts on that.

Thank you.
Mike
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mike-p wrote on Thu, 23 February 2006 22:48

Hi,

We also use Sophos on Linux. Would you mind sharing the script?
Also, sophos told me I had to reset Kerio after every update. Any thoughts on that.

Thank you.
Mike

This is the purpose of "MinutestoCheckIDE" option. It defines a period when KMS will check if there are new IDE files in Sophos directory. KMS then restarts Sophos to apply an update from new IDE files. You don't need to reset KMS for this.
Previous Topic: Using Mac mail, IMAP, and sent items
Next Topic: the cheapest AV solution for KMS ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:02:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.