Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Messages in Multipart ID makes receiver ill
  •  
teco

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I have a problem with the webmail interface of KMS 6.1.1 Patch1

All Multipart Messages get strings like that:
Quote:

ontent-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary=" ----------respect-the-roots-de2c37f706772d66c730a45f14904be1 "

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------------respect-the-roots-de2c37f706772d66c730a45f14904b e1
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----------peace-on-earth-2569e27732d3fd56eebd0a656bf9b037 "

------------peace-on-earth-2569e27732d3fd56eebd0a656bf9b037
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The text is changing from "pease-on-earth" to various text like:
heal-the-world
save-the-trees
respect-the-roots
flower-power

If this is a new "feature" from KMS I would like to say "thank you" because some receiver has set us to junk mail.
Currently we can not use Webmail. Because I have around 40 Users with are mostly using Webmail I am running into problems.

If some crazy coder from the seventies is working for you please stop him.... (btw. sounds also like "drug free working - no thank you")

Anybody with a solution without changing the webmail server?

Thank you.

•  
pwhodges

Perhaps you shouldn't be worrying about KMS, but about the administrators of the recipient's mail server that has marked your mail as junk. Why have they done so? If it is only because of those phrases then they are probably incompetent - do you really feel that Kerio have any responsibility for that?

Paul
  •  
teco

Hello,

Quote:

Perhaps you shouldn't be worrying about KMS, but about the administrators of the recipient's mail server that has marked your mail as junk. Why have they done so?

Simple to answer: Because they can do it...

Quote:

If it is only because of those phrases then they are probably incompetent

I think so... but I can not change their mind and Server settings.

Quote:

do you really feel that Kerio have any responsibility for that?

No.
(only if you don't make these phrases admin editable to make more of this style....)

The Problem could be my boss. If he feels that a software has to much problems he wants the software to be changed. I do not want to change from Kerio to anything else.

Please take this as a feature request to make the phrases admin editable or add more.
Thank you.

(If someone feels to ask about Windows:
In Germany we must use Windows for transmitting Tax and Payroll information. As long as the required software works only on Windows my Boss can't get away from it... otherwise we would have done so.)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

I've filed bug 15379 on this.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
peterj

Can someone explain this problem for me plz.

I don't think I am affected by it but it sounds interesting, what is the actual issue? Where do those weird phrases come from?

:-\
  •  
pwhodges

The MIME boundaries are arbitrary text that needs to be somewhat unique, which is why they are usually gobbledygook. Often they contain something like "boundary" or the name of the server, for no particular reason other than to simplify identification of nested MIME structures. In this case a Kerio coder has chosen to put in a selection of harmless phrases, for his own amusement I guess.

The OP has a target mail server that files his mail as spam on account of these phrases. Unfortunately the incompetence that leads to that happening also leads to it not being fixed, so Kerio have been asked to remove these thoughtful but unnecessary phrases as the only way the OP can get the issue resolved.

Paul

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2006 12:56]

•  
peterj

Ah, I understand now, thanks Paul.

As for Kerio I think the delimiter phrases are pretty 'groovy'

:-)
  •  
teco

...and when Kerio could make these phrases user editable, I would send tonns of messages to the target server with some "nice" messages with my opinion about them...
Previous Topic: Trouble with Front-end SMTP
Next Topic: MX blocking/other blocking with POP retriever
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:40:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.