Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Forwarding SPAM? Why?
  •  
NiTeSHiFT

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm from Germany and we have an eMail SMS notification-flatrate here at o2.

I used to use MDAEMON Mail-Server before. I set it up to forward a copy of every incoming mail, which is not spam, to the email-adress at o2 of the collegue. So everybody got an SMS when he got a new email.

The spam-mails were filtered out and not forwarded.

Well, NEARLY the same works with KERIO too, but the only disappointing thing is, that it also forwards the Mails which it detects as spam.

How can I stop that or does anyone know a workaround?

Regards,
NiTeSHiFT
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Instead of using the forwarding option in the Admin Console, setup a Mail Filter rule in the Webmail to forward all messages. Make sure that you have the "Move spam to junk email folder" option enabled. This will ensure that spam is moved to the Junk Email folder, then any remaining messages are forwarded to the specified address.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
NiTeSHiFT

Thanks for your quick answer. I'll try that today and see what happens.

I think the option to move the spam to the Junk-Folder is enabled, as there are always some of them in the Junk filter each day.

Comparing the SPAM-Filter with MDAEMON it seems that the pre-configured filter in MD is a little better. There it caught about 80-90% of the spam from the beginning of usage. KMS has a much worse statistic.

It's about 30% of spam which is found. I told my collegues to use the "Mark as SPAM" button every time they get a spam mail.

So I hope that it get's better with the time.

Regards,
NiTeSHiFT
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Check out the following KB article:

http://support.kerio.com/kb/338

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
NiTeSHiFT

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 08 February 2006 23:29

Instead of using the forwarding option in the Admin Console, setup a Mail Filter rule in the Webmail to forward all messages. Make sure that you have the "Move spam to junk email folder" option enabled. This will ensure that spam is moved to the Junk Email folder, then any remaining messages are forwarded to the specified address.

OK, in the meantime it detects about 80% of spam. That's really good. I used an old private email-adress from me which was used for usenet and discussion-boards and gets about 1000 spam-mails a day. that was enough to train the filter ;-)
  •  
NiTeSHiFT

Missed one thing:

one problem remains, the forwarding problem.

i disabled the administration forwarding and added a filter as you told me. i told the filter to forward the messages to the specified email-adress and saved it. so it forwarded them and didn't leave them in the inbox. so i also added the filteroption: keep in inbox.

i also have some other filters defined which sort the incoming mails into the different folders. the forwarding rule is first, afterwards there are the sorting rules.

now he always forwards me the message, keeps it in inbox and then COPIES the message to the corresponding folder, although the sort-filter says "if from includes xyz, MOVE to specified folder".

the result is, that I always have duplicates.

then i tried to use the "send notification" filter rule instead of the forwarding rule but that one doesn't work. i always get this error after some minutes:
Message Delayed
and in the main-text:
451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html.

i think that comes from the relay server we use at our provider...

well, i think i go crazy about this ;-)
Previous Topic: Instant Messanging
Next Topic: KMS & NOD32 Plug-in ***help***
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:24:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00918 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.