Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Domain footers problem?
  •  
nate

Send a private message to this user
Hello!!

I enabled Domain\footers this option,And I type Chinese words(big5) to footers text field.
then,I send test mail to myselef or someone.
Why I received that and can't show Chinese words on the test mail.

ps.if I type english words to test mail is ok.

Thanks.

Kerio Mail Server Version is 6.1.2

•  
alexccs

I have the similar but reversed problem, when kerio insert english footer to chinese message(big5 encoded by base64), the english footer will be decoded as chinese and output garbage. Kerio replied me that it's a bug that won't have patch in a short time. The problem is the footer don't have any pre-process checking, it just insert itself to the target place kerio programmed.

I'm forced to turn it off, and the domain footer function remains useless as well as we do use double bytes encoding a lot in our email.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2006 11:32]

•  
winkelman

A suggestion to Kerio:

One way to give users a workaround to this domain footer encoding problem is to give an option to embed a gif or jpg picture as the footer, instead of text.

This is not too difficult to implement and will not have any encoding issues (a picture is a picture in any encoding :-). To simplify implementation, it could be a text (as it is now) or a picture, not both combined (although that would also be nice of course).

This has the following advantages:
  • Peolpe who write in double-byte characters and cannot use the text footer can still use this graphic footer, giving them at least some way to implement a footer
  • Companies who would like to put a very discrete 'banner' under each message as a way to make our email look more company-style (as mine), can then do so
  • People who are just happy with plain text footers can still do that
Previous Topic: So you have a feature request?
Next Topic: Trouble with Front-end SMTP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:17:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.