Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sharing Calendars
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
I am interested in how to share calendars so that I can tell one user from the other. Currently, when we share a user's calendar out to other users, it shows up as just that, "Calendar". ??

It's hard to tell them apart. Anyone got a fix for this?
  •  
phipra

I also have this problem.
Kerio says you should switch to the folders view in outlook, as this reveils which "Calendar" is whose calender. I consider this a doable workaround, but not a solution though.

I would say you should submit a ticket for that, too!

BTW:
I thik the same holds for contacts, especially the public contacts folder is also just called "contacts". Though I managed to rename it somehow (I cannot reproduce it anymore!), so that my users can at least distinguish between the public contacts and their private contacts. It seems to be a quite "unsopported", as KMS keeps recreating a public Contacts folder (which is no problem as long as the other one stays alive :-)

Philipp
  •  
peterj

Kerio have an (unsupported) tool for changing the calendar names in calendar view.

See the bottom of the page at the link below:

http://people.kerio.com/jwu/tools.html

[Updated on: Thu, 16 February 2006 16:24]

•  
phipra

Hi,

thanks for this hint!

Though, it didnt really work for me (although I think that I installed it correctly, also set the store path etc.).

As one parameter is "update interval", this smells like that Service is just renaming some files or folders... !?
I tried this manually (renaming the "calendar" folders in the users mail directories) - which seemed to work! But, when a user sets permittions for that folder in webmail, KMS creates a new folder called "calendar" again :-/
So my users would end up with two calendars each, which is quite confusing for them.

I do not think that the service would be able to prevent this (please correct me if I am wrong!)

Philipp
  •  
peterj

it worked for me

did you get the option about the global/domain specific pf's correct?

i'm afraid i don't know how/why it works but it does.
Previous Topic: remote pop3 account
Next Topic: Can I use KMS user database for LDAP?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:39:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.