Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook not showing any messages in inbox for one user only
  •  
bting

Send a private message to this user
As the subject line says, I have one user who cannot see any messages in his inbox, except for a few noted circumstances.

I have submitted a ticket on this, but as as the user is a Very VIP, am hoping someone here has seen it before and can help a brother out

Here is the contents of ticket submitted to Kerio support

"Mail client is Microsoft Outlook XP SP3 (WinXP Pro is OS).
The email account is an IMAP type and we are using the KOC 6.1.2-569

The new mail flag is shown, but when accessing the inbox, no messages are present or only 1. This includes other previously read messages. By clicking on the "received flag this may restore a few of the messages, or only 1, if none are present.
We have retained access to the users original .pst file during upgrade and trial periods and these messages are behaving normally.
Other folders are displaying normally at all times (sent items, drafts, etc)

When this happened yesterday, I re-indexed the inbox, and this seemed to resolve it until earlier today when the issue returned.
This only is happening to one user and can be reproduced at will on any computer I try.

Steps taken to resolve but have had no effect include:
-reindexing inbox with a server service shutdown and restart
-backing up data files to a pst, creating a new account on server, re-importing pst
-simply copying the *.eml files in the #msgs folder of server
-deleting and allowing to recreate, index and properties files in the inbox on server
-in the root of the users store, renaming and allowing settings.usr to be recreated
-a few other steps, that I am sorry I cannot remember at this time, as I have been at this for about 5 hours and am kind of numbed
Whenever I would attempt one of these rename file allow it to be recreated, I was ensuring that the user was in no way logged in to server.

In webmail all, messages are displayed perfectly. In fact if I mark a message as “unread” in webmail, the “unread message” indicator by inbox, does increase, however message is not viewable.

I can recreate the account as Imap in Outlook Express and all messages are displayed as per normal."

TIA
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You should be very careful when deleting *.fld files or manipulating with *.eml files. You could seriously damage user mailbox with these actions.

Anyway, if the emails are visible in IMAP and WebMail, the problem will be probably in settings stored by Outlook in mailbox. These settings are stored in directory __keriomapi__STORE. You can stop Outlook and rename or remove this folder from user mailbox. This should solve the problem.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 February 2006 00:36]

•  
bting

Thank you for fast reply and the caution on manipulating files.

When I was perfromng the delete or reneame of these files, this was in repsonse to an entry in the mailserver admin help file that instructed to do so. But again thanks for the caution.

I ensured no one was logged into account, made a copy of the folder you mention, __keriomapi__STORE, deleted the original, and relaunched Outlook.

No effect at all.

Clearly a case of too many mad scientists and not enough hunchbacks
  •  
sedell

It sounds like it could be a problem with the view. Did you try checking the view in Outlook? View -> Current View -> check off 'Messages' and see if that fixes the problem. I've had users scream that mail was deleted from their inbox, only to find they somehow changed the current view setting. The mail was there, it was just filtered out.

Scott
  •  
bting

I dont want to announce it is fixed yet (Karma and all), but so far it is looking good.

Right now I am beleiving this was a bad/corrupt/ganked message.
after checking that veiws were all set to defaults.
We backed up user data, removed account from server, recreated and imported all data, so far so good.
As soon as we improted inbox messages (about 16 for a total of maybe 4mb) problem returned.
From webmail, had all messages forwarded to me as attachmets to one email, cleaned out his inbox, emptied deleted items.
Then one at a time, I extracted the individual messages to a temp folder in my inbox, tested the veiws trying to make the problem happen with each message, and then wheni could not, emaield each message individually to the user.
They were all recevied and at last count had all been opened and problem free.

Thanks all for the support here and thanks to the Kerio support team.
I had one reply to my ticket yesterday and a second one came in today.

Pretty responsive IMHO
Previous Topic: KSP fails: "Sync Engine Not Installed"
Next Topic: remote pop3 account
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:01:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.53373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.